Chapter 29🌲Metal Beast

↣Metal Beast

Dearest best friend, Kanao-chan,

I already miss you and I just left thirty minutes ago! I hope you are doing better with your heart, perhaps you should ask Kochou about your piqued interest in Tanjirou? She would know what to do, she always is so knowledgeable in everything. Send me a letter back whenever you would like, I want to know all the adventures you go on with your new found free will.

Love, [Y/N] Ryōshi  :) <3

"Samurai, remember Kanao-chan? Please take this to her immediately please, thank you so much!" You pat the bird's little navy head, expecting the magpie to fly off your shoulder.

He didn't though, instead tilting his head like a dog and asking, "Chicken?"

I spoiled this bird too much... You nodded your head, "Yes, I'll give you so much chicken after."

At the prospect of chicken rewards, the bird flew away faster than ever, over the mini town's brick gate that said 'Train Station' -the hell is a train?- and into the forest where the four of you came from.

"I smell tempura..." Inosuke growled, sniffing the air and aimlessly looking around for any type of small food shop in the plaza.

Smelling the delicious ranges of food as well, you whined and grabbed your friends hands, "Boys! We must go and get food before we get on the train thing, I haven't eaten in five hours!"

"You went from sleeping every five hours to eating every two hours..." Zenitsu sighed, slapping a hand to his forehead and shaking his head disapprovingly. 

You didn't seem to notice his comment though, instead looking around for any sort of restaurant. You did find a tempura stand, a [F/F] stand, hell there were so many different places to explore at the plaza. Was this one of those festivals or farmer's markets you heard so much about? Before you can turn to the three other boys someone grabbed your hand and rushed you to the tempura stand. 

"Buy me some of this, woman!" You quirked a brow at Inosuke then the food on the menu he pointed at. He had entrusted you to hold both your money and his, well you actually insisted because of your fear that he might use it all or drop it somewhere. He had no clue the glossy papers or metal coins meant so much to civilization.

"Oh, you want a tempura skewer? That's so cute!" You giggled as Inosuke continued to stare down the tempura skewer on the stand's menu board. Turning to the man behind the counter you ordered politely, "Four tempura skewers please! Perhaps make two bigger than the others, me and my friend are bottomless pits."

The chef smiled and took the order, murmuring something about young love before taking your money and giving you a paper bag of your food. You graciously took it, giving Inosuke the two large sticks full of shrimp before turning and looking for Zenitsu and Tanjirou, "I didn't want tempura, so I ordered two for you. I can eat when I find something I really crave."

Inosuke's brow furrowed and he stared down at the two big tempura filled skewers he held. You shouldn't just not eat until you find something you want. If you find something you want. That's not right. He took one of the shrimp off the pointy stick, shoving it in your mouth while you looked around at the dozens of stands, "Eat it!"

You squeaked, eating the food before Inosuke could choke you with it. Wordlessly he lifted his mask to let it rest on his head, chomping down on the fried shrimp. Taking his hand in your own, you called for Tanjirou and Zenitsu as you walked through the brick trails.

"[N/N]chan! There you are!" You felt someone grab your forearm and hug it for dear life, "I thought I lost you forever!"

Smiling down at the blonde who hugged at your forearm and pat his hair, "Now, now. It's all fine now, dear. I bought food for you guys!"