Chapter 14🌲Tanjirou Kamado

↪I'm sorry but this song reminds me of the boar boy so much↩

↣A Demon, Protected↢

Using your quick thinking, you jumped off of Inosuke before whomever hobbled out the building could get you caught in causalities. A flicker of familiar maroon hair rushed past your vision, the kid in the green and black checkered haori running at dangerous speeds at Inosuke.

CRACK

You gagged at the sound of breaking ribs, closing a hand over your mouth in disgust and sympathy. A moan of pain alerted you back to Zenitsu, who was so beaten he couldn't even raise his head to look at you properly. You sat back down next to him, taking out a cloth and starting to tenderly rub away the blood that poured freely from his busted lip and nose. He melted into your touch, seeming as tired as you were.

"Nothing is broken on your face at least, which is good because I would've broken Inosuke's nose again," You snarled, "But you do have a busted lip, a bruised nose and a pretty puffy black eye."

"You really are... Despicable!"

You looked back at the fight, watching as Inosuke started hysterically laughing, ending in a fit of coughs. You held back your pity for him, seeing as he attacked your friend no matter how much you tried to intervene.

"I see how it is... I'm sorry." You blinked in surprise, you've never heard the arrogant boy say such words before, "Then let's duel with our bare hands! [Y/N], catch!"

You caught the two swords the boy threw at you, placing them beside you and starting to get back up again. The boy started rambling on about how Demon Slayers musn't fight, only stopping when Inosuke swooped in front of him and kicked him in the chin, spinning around on his hand. He went to punch at the red boy's stomach, only for his hand to be smacked away and the boy moved out the way. The boy stood there, seemingly astonished by the way Inosuke's fighting style was as low as a boar's, not noticing until the last moment that Inosuke sent a sweeping kick at his cheek. Finally starting to memorize Inosuke's attack pattern, the boy mimicked Inosuke's kick, only for the boar to do a total split to dodge.

You made a pained sound, still stunned at how flexible Inosuke was, no matter how much you've seen examples of it. I would've totally broken my hips with that... Before the boy could recover from his shock, Inosuke spun onto his palms, backbended and bringing the boy's head in contact with the ground with another fierce kick.

"Okay that's enough." You called, standing up and fearfully walking over to them (You didn't want to be caught in such a vicious fight). 

"Haha! I'm awesome right?" Inosuke laughed, looking at the broken boy to you, asking you again, "I'm awesome right?"

You shook your head, yet he didn't seem to realize as he backbended into the awkward position he had pulled when you first met, "I can even manage this pose!"

"Inosuke, don't do that anymore!" You howled, running to his side, "Your bones will get weaker and weaker, deteriorating and by the time you're thirty you won't be able to walk! It will pain me to see you like that!"

Inosuke stopped laughing for a moment, looking up at you and getting out of the position. He looked back at the maroonette, launching himself back at him before you can stop him, "Deterioration is good! Nothing can be compared to the thrill I just had!"

"Think about your future!" The other boy yelped, putting his hands out to defend himself. As Inosuke reached him, he grabbed his shoulders and pulled his head back, "Calm..."

"Down!" You slid down to catch Inosuke and his mask as it fell down from that awful skull cracking headbutt, mad at the boy but not mad enough to just let him fall. Inosuke made a choking noise, quickly getting out of your hands and getting back up, hand painfully on his bloody forehead. Picking up his mother's hide, you got up as well, hands on his shoulders in case he falls again