Chapter 13🌲Reunion

↣Reunion↢

The wood was oddly cold today. It's been a bit since you last seen Inosuke, last seen the outside. Perhaps two days, that's what your inner clock told you. You curled further into yourself, squeezing your eyes shut from the blinding light above. All you wanted to do was sleep, you haven't been able to since you lost Inosuke. You nearly jumped when the feeling of lightheaded rest caressed you, sighing in relief you hugged your haori closer to you.

One sheep. Two sheep. Three sheep. I always fall asleep by ten. Four sheep. five shee--

"UWAHHH! SHOICHI DON'T DO THAT TO ME!"

Your hands flew up to your ears as a futile escape from the familiar screams. The door you leaned upon slid open and you fell, eyes shooting open in alarm. Zenitsu screamed again, launching himself onto the little boy beside him. Tears welled in your eyes and you sniffled, rolling to your knees and hugging your friend's waist helplessly.

"[N/N]CHAN! YOU'RE TRULY AN ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN! YOU CAME TO SAVE ME!" The blonde hiccuped, unlatching from the boy next to him and hooking his arms around your head at his stomach.

You viciously shook your head, "NO YOU ARE THE ANGEL ZENCHAN! YOU CAME TO SAVE ME!"

"U-Um... Who are you? What's going on?" Finally noticing the boy, your joyful face turned fearful.

You cupped his cheeks and hurriedly checked for any injuries, only when you found none did you speak, "My name is [Y/N], what's yours?"

The boy, who looked the age of your own siblings, turned pink, avoiding your motherly eyes and twiddling his thumbs, "Sh-Shoichi."

You gave Shoichi a quivering smile, wiping your puffy watering eyes and turning to Zenitsu with a scowl, "Why'd you bring him in here, Zenchan?"

"Wah! Stop looking scary!" He yelped and your face softened, "He followed me and my partner in, we couldn't help it. Don't leave me, [Y/N], I'm sorry!"

You perked at the mention of partners, whipping your head around, "That reminds me; have you seen a boarheaded boy? He's wearing furs and no shirt. Who's your partner, Zenchan? You never told me you had one!"

Zenitsu paled at Inosuke's description, cowering to the height you sat at, "That monster?! He jumped on me and ran away, like an hour and a half ago or something I guess. My partner is that red haired boy from final selection. We just grouped up because I need protection when you're not around!"

You struggled to get up and comfort the child next to him, miserably falling back to your knees and sighing, "Zenchan, could you pick me up, I'm so tired."

The blonde went bright red, eyes bulging out his head. He was quick to grab you bridal style and start zooming through halls, Shoichi following loosely behind. You fell asleep at the blink of an eye, not bothering to listen thoughtfully to Zenitsu's frequent mental breakdowns or the occasional beat of a drum. You barely even opened an eye was the wind around you started rushing and you fell harshly on someone.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Zenitsu-san? [Y/N]-san? Wake up!" You whined slightly at the boy's voice, squeezing your eyes shut as the blaring sun assaulted them.

The sun.

You jolted up, gasping and looking at your surroundings. Indeed, you were outside at last.

"Miss [Y/N]! Zenitsu-san!" Shoichi cried, jumping up from his slumped despair and looking down at the two sixteen year olds worriedly, "Are you two okay?" The two of you sat up slowly, you picked your head up from laying on Zenitsu's chest and he got up off the ground, vertigo setting it's home in your heads, "The drum sounded again and we fell from the two story window!"