Chapter Nine. You take me down.

I had a weird time writing this one so bear that in mind before judging please.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josefine was so pissed off, her mother had practically yelled at her for saying that her father was right about the brown curtains, they looked awful in the kitchen and that was a fact, but while her mother cooled off Jo had to walk to school.

She freaking walked to school for the rest of the week, because of one harmless comment...
After serious consideration of dropping the idea of a sleepover with the girls, Josefine decided not to try anything, she would stay home for the weekend on her own, since the boys had decided to take Georg with them and Gustav claimed he had enough of them that week and wanted some 'me time'. Josefine couldn't blame him; he had to put up with the three boys almost every day.

So the weekend was boring as always; she called Ingrid and they watched a movie on Saturday, but she had left before the ending because her mother called.

"Amor, I forgot to cook dinner!" Josefine's mother had left early that day to stay with Jo's aunt for the weekend. "You're gonna have to cook, I'm sorry."

"No worries, mom... I got it, I'm not home right now but I'll be there soon."

Ingrid had Josefine learn her way from her home to hers and always made her repeat it before she stepped out of her door.

"I'll see you at school, bye!" Ingrid waved and closed the door.

Josefine's nose was always freezing, by then, she was used to it but it still bothered her that whenever she started getting warm it would start running. Why didn't she live somewhere sunnier? Somewhere warm? But it was okay, she closed the door behind her and took the scarf off her neck, ready to wash her hands on the bathroom and start on dinner. Jo found some food in the fridge and thought of something simple she could make, only she didn't know how picky was her father feeling that day.

She walked up the stairs and knocked on the door of her parents' bedroom; she then opened it and found her father, only he was not alone.

"OH MY GOD, WHY?" Josefine yelled and slammed the door with all her might. Was she grossed out or disappointed or both, she didn't know.

It clicked, Josefine heard the noise inside the bedroom and felt sick to her stomach, her own father was cheating on her mother and she knew it. She wasn't just going to casually pay a visit to her aunt who happened to be a lawyer too, no, they were getting a divorce.

Josefine's eyes watered in a way she had never experienced, her chest hurt and the air didn't seem to get in her lungs, she forgot if this was an asthma attack or a broken heart, she just knew she wanted to get out before her father came out of that room and tried to explain his actions. Jo sobbed and took clumsy steps towards the stairs, her dad came out of the room in that moment and things happened too fast; first he tried reaching out for her but she pulled away and when she thought she was going to run downstairs, another pull stopped her, she tugged and set her arm free but lost balance and fell down the stairs. She tried to cover her head with her arms and heard a loud 'crack' as she fell, sharp pain piercing through her left arm.

She finally hit the floor and landed on her side, she couldn't move as she heard her father yell in German at a woman with fake red hair that came out of the room dressed in a hurry, everything moved around her and she felt like vomiting, gagging, Jo rolled just a bit to her side, tears came out now freely as she put her weight on the hurt arm.