Chapter 13| Empty

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Stay away from her until we get enough information," Asher instructs.

"And if I don't?" I challenge him, leaning towards the table and locking my eyes with his breathtaking ones.

"I'll kill her, innocent or not," he replies easily, not one bit of emotion in his eyes. It was like I was talking to a rock. What happened to him during these five years? Something must have scarred him, he seems so empty inside. He's nothing like the Asher I knew.

Sure the Asher from five years ago wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but his eyes still held life, right now they seemed dead and it shocked me to the core.

"Why do you care so much?" I snap coldly, the thought of him hurting my sister made my blood run cold.

He scowls at me, "you're right. I don't. Do whatever the fuck you want and get your stubborn ass killed."

A knock sounded from the door before I could reply. Blake went to open it and a large man walked in, I recognized him as Michael.

"What's up ladies," he greets with a playful tone. "Why was I summoned here?"

"You need to shape up these two physically," Caleb explains, point to Jasmine and I.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because Hades is coming, we have to be prepared," Jasmine explains from beside me.

Michael smirks coolly and claps his large hands together, "great! We start tomorrow morning 7am sharp, I'll be here to pick you up by 6:30. Don't be late."

"Is this compulsory?" I ask as I try not to wet myself from the crazy look Michael has on his face. I turn to Asher and he has an eyebrow raised at me. "Never mind," I say with a defeated sigh.

After the meeting we all went to our homes or rooms for the night and prepared ourselves for the day we had ahead of us.

+

Asher's POV

3am.

She looks so different...

Her eyes hold so much emotion and life, unlike how they were years ago. She seems more carefree, more relaxed and happy.

I could tell there were still glimpses of her old self in her, but they were probably the scars from her past. These scars were hidden under this thick layer of happiness so well it was almost impossible to see.

It was driving me crazy.

I tried to figure her out, I was growing slowly frustrated trying to understand how she moved on so well but then a thought came to mind and I realized she didn't.

She never moved on.

I could feel it in that limo, how nervous she was, and I could feel the anger in her soul. At that time I didn't know who she saw or who made her cry, but now that I do I think I understand her rage.

When I saw her bleeding palms from the cut by her fingernails I was shocked to say the least, she didn't even show any expression that said it hurt. She shook it off like it was normal and that made me even more curious.

I'm not sure but I strongly feel she is still angry at her past, it's an anger she's bottled up and ignored for so long. An anger she has layered with false acceptance.

It's driving her crazy.

My thoughts travel back to the footage I saw of her stabbing that man to death at the library. The way she kept puncturing holes into his unconscious body like it was nothing.

The Bianca I knew wouldn't do that so easily and feel little or no remorse after.

All this led me to one solution; she's crazy. Just like her father. She's a beast, just like him. All she needs is to accept it like I've accepted the monster in me.

The darkness in her soul is eating her up very slowly without her even realizing it. I fear that when her finger sits on the trigger she'll let that angry beast in her fire the bullets and shed the blood.

I smiled at the thought. Good.

At least she'll be helpful getting rid of Hades.

An angry and ruthless bitch. All she needs is a little training and potential.

I felt my stomach turn nervously at the thought of him and I groaned, pushing myself off the bed. Ever since I heard the news about him it's been difficult to fall asleep.

The deal is off and he's coming. I don't think he'll hold back this time.

He has help too, Antonio, Melody and probably Rhea.

I closed my eyes tightly at the thought of my sister as I leaned my sweaty head on the wall. A sigh escaped my lips as I remember her and I frowned. This is all my father's fault, it's his battle with my grandfather, not mine.

Melody should hate the man in the grave, not me.

I don't know what their motive is yet, but I will find out soon. My main aim is keeping myself, Bianca and my gang safe.

Over the years my feelings for her were buried under piles of anger and hatred, I know it. Most people blame the gang war for my change in personality and sometimes they say it's Bianca, but I know it's none of those things.

It's the stupid bet that did this to me.

I don't fucking care if I end up killing my grandfather or my own sister, because they fucking asked for it.

They can kill anyone but not my Bianca, because I'll fuck them up if they try to hurt her again. I know I should have moved on but she's the first and only girl I'll ever love, I'm not ready to let go.

A new war is coming, but it's going to be different now.

This time, I'm not going to let anyone hurt her.

Not one fucking soul.

-

AN

Heyy, how was it?

Vote and comment if you like! Next update soon.

Stay safe!

Elizi ❤️