Chapter 13| Empty

Start from the beginning

"I knew she wasn't, but my guess was that she's missing," Blake said and my eyes went to him in shock. He knew too?

"You knew she was alive?" I ask him in shock. "And you never told me?"

"I wasn't certain, all I know is that she went missing. She could have been dead all this time, you know."

"Clara called me and told me she wanted to see her," Jasmine speaks up.

"Clara called?" Caleb asks in surprise. "I haven't seen her in a while."

"Did she leave the gang?" I ask.

"Not exactly, she just became our spy, but her job is more of an outside thing," Caleb explains.

I notice Asher hadn't said anything and I glanced at him, he was already looking at me. He looked angry, very angry. The glare he gave made me want to sink into my seat.

Everyone noticed his mood and kept silent, the tension growing by the second.

"Jasmine," Asher calls, his deep voice killing the silence in the room. "Why did you let her leave the mansion?" He asked, his voice was calm. Too calm.

Why is he talking like I'm a child and Jasmine is my babysitter? "I'm an adult and I can make my own choices and go wherever I want to," I snap at Asher. He clenched his jaw at me and I watch his eyes narrow dangerously. I open my mouth to make another comment but Jasmine beats me to it.

"It's her sister ash- Mr Dane. I just felt it would be good meeting with her, after not seeing each other for more than a decade," Jasmine defends honestly.

Asher's frown deepened. Why does he care so much?

I notice he avoided my gaze and kept his eyes on Jasmine.

"That does sound reasonable, but at a time like this? And alone? Jasmine what were you thinking?!" Blake scolds with a serious expression on his face. Caleb nodded in agreement.

"It's her sister, she wouldn't hurt her. And I trust Clara," Jasmine bites back and crosses her arms childishly.

Asher clears his throat, making us all turn to him. "It seems being away from the gang for so long has turned you into an idiot," Asher snaps at Jasmine, his voice hard and cold. "Both of you," he adds, his eyes flicking between the both of us.

I flinched at the insult, and shift in my seat. What I did was pretty stupid, I went out in the open when I have people who want me dead, I was lucky to make it out alive and unoticed.

"We didn't think it was anything suspicious-"

Asher cuts off Jasmine, "you didn't think?" Asher snaps. "Because Rhea disappearing for a decade, suddenly appearing and reaching out to her sister from nowhere, thesame sister she has avoided. Doing all this during the time my grandfather is on the loose, doesn't sound suspicious to you?" Asher snaps.

As mad as I am at Rhea right now I didn't want to believe what he said, "Rhea wouldn't hurt me," I add in and his eyes finally land on me.

Asher chuckles darkly, the sound sending chills down my spine. "You should already know what blood can do to blood in this fucked up world," he says and I know he's talking about my father.

"Ronaldo was different," I defend.

Asher smirks, his head tilting to the side slightly, "was he really?" He muses and I scowl, "this isn't your stupid make believe normal life. This is the Mafia, the dirty world. No one is innocent here, not even you," Asher tells me.

"What proof do you have that she's no good?" Jasmine asks.

"And what proof do you have that she isn't?" Caleb replies, raising an eyebrow at her. She stays silent.