Open Wound And Tattoo

Skyler's P.O.V

"A tattoo? That's what was so urgent for you to drag my ass here?!" I yelled at Scott while sitting on Derek's old wooden table.

Scott nodded his head while looking over at Derek who now had his Alpha eyes glowing at Scott's arm.

"I see it. It's two bands, right?" Derek asked and Scott nodded. "What does it mean?"

"I don't know. It's just something I traced with my fingers." 

"So why the hell is this so important to you?" That was me questioning his questionable choice of a permanent tattoo.

Scott sighed starting to trace two circles on the dusty table.

"Do you know what the word 'tattoo' means?" Scott asked. Derek shook his head and so did I. 

"To mark something," Stiles answered looking proud of himself. 

I gave him a small pat on the shoulders to congratulate him on the effort and research of something so useless.

"Well, that's in Tahitian. In Samoan, it means 'open wound'." Scott informed. I raised my brows impressed.

"Great you did your research, remind me why I'm still here?" I asked and Scott looked up at me and then furrowed his eyebrows.

"You got a tattoo right?" Scott said and I nodded my head, and Stiles looked completely shocked looking over at me. "I thought your body healed, because of what you are. Yet you still have your tattoo."

"You got a tattoo and you didn't even tell me?!" Stiles yelled and I looked over at him and shrugged.

I wasn't aware I had to tell him about every minor detail of my life. But I already do.

Before I knew it I was saying words I didn't want to. "I didn't need to. It's not like you're my boyfriend." I muttered and then slapped my palm over my mouth.

Stiles stood there dumbfounded and I stood there trying to process what I just said.

You know Lydia was right when she said I sure knew how to screw things up.

Even Derek looked surprised, and he had this grin on his face looking at the both of us. Great, so my messing up everything got Derek Hale to smile, this could not get any worse.          

At least creepy hot guy is smiling. There's always a positive side to my fuck ups.

"Scott, what were you about to say?" I cleared my throat attempting to change the subject.

Can't wait to talk to Stiles after this.
The sarcasm I'm producing right now is unbelievable.

"I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned 18. I always wanted one." Scott explained going back to the subject. "I just decided to get it now, to make it kind of a reward."

"For what?" Derek asked seeming way more interested in what Scott was on about than I was.

"For not calling or texting Allison all summer. Even when I really wanted to, even when it was so hard not to sometimes." Scott sighed.

I have to admit, it was hard watching him go through that. Even when I wasn't physically with him.

"I was trying to give her the space she wants. Goin' four months later, it still hurts. It still feels like a, uh..."

"Like an open wound." Stiles and I said in unison and Scott nodded his head.

I thought the whole speaking at the same time stopped.