Uprising Anger And More Bad Than Good

Warning. Not proofread.

Skyler's P.O.V
"What exactly am I meant to be doing here?" I looked over at Deaton who was at the other side of the room.

He turned round to look at me with something in his hand. Mountain Ash.

"Since you have a connection with the supernatural, we're going to see if you can get through mountain ash." He explained and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And how are we gonna do that since clearly–"

And before I could say anything else Deaton pushed me onto one side of the door and placed a thin line of mountain ash along the sides.

"And how is this going to help us control me?" I asked, keeping my eyes down.

"To know how to control yourself means we need to find out what you are. Strengths. Weaknesses. And what can pull you back."

"Like an Anchor." I added and Deaton slowly shook his head.

"Not necessarily no. To pull yourself back you have to have an anchor, but once you're in control." Deaton paused while looking at me. "It won't matter."

"Do I just step through?" I asked and Deaton gave me a nod.

Here goes absolutely nothing. I have no idea if I was being a test subject but at this point I was willing to try anything to stay in control.

I took a deep breath and picked up my foot putting it over the mountain ash and...nothing.

I'm not sure If I should be happy or annoyed something didn't happen.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking down at Mountain Ash and kicked it lightly creating a gap. "Does this lead us anywhere?"

Deaton nodded his head and I was not expecting it. "You're fully human when you've not shifted. If we trigger you I believe you may be able to burn through the Mountain Ash."

"I don't think it's a pretty picture when you get me angry Doc." I assured and Deaton laughed shaking his head.

"If we were to fully shift you that would be too dangerous. See my back walls are made of mountain Ash so you'd burn my other security system. And we'd risk you forgetting who you are while completely shifting."

I raised my eyebrows taking all of this in. "So how do I not forget myself while being fully shifted?"

"Have you ever heard the saying, 'It can't get better without it getting worse first'?" Deaton asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah my Mom used to say it to me sometimes." I replied realising what he meant. "Things haven't gone bad yet have they?"

Doc slowly shook his head. "No, not necessarily. I have a feeling what's going on with you...it has to get worse before–"

"It can get better." I let out a heavy sigh, finishing off his sentence. "So what, I try not to get angry or you know the other thing? One with the hormones and the feelings–"

I heard the front door open making the bell ring and I furrowed my eyebrows peering over at Isaac walking in with Scott and Stiles following.

He smirked looking over at me while raising his eyebrows. Of course he heard. He just had to.

"It's a shame Jenson. I was looking forward to things getting hotter than usual."

Oh and because that's profoundly amazing to say in-front of my boyfriend!

༄༄

Deaton came back to the table where we were all gathered around. He had a small container with liquid inside.