EP:34

Chapter 34

Tiana's Perspective

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."-Unknown

•••••

      THE engine and endless barking resulted in me jumping a few times. I wasn't too fond of dogs especially a large pit bull, but Owen assured me that his dog was friendly, although him looking at me like a piece of raw meat every few seconds convinced me of other things. I clutched onto my sleeping bag with a tighter grip as we headed to his apartment. Owen watched the road while trying to calm the dog in the backseat down as much as he could.

"Man sit the fuck back!" He yelled.

    The dog gave up barking plopping down in the seat on his four legs with a sad expression and whine leaving his mouth. I had never heard Owen use that tone before, of course, his voice was deep but I would have never imagined that deep. He reached for my arm holding it rubbing his thumb in circles on my forearm.

"Aye, I didn't mean to make you jump like that." He said looking back and forth between the road and me.

"No, it's okay." I gave him a soft smile.

"He's not used to being around new people, don't let him scare you."

     His right hand moved from my arm to my thigh squeezing it gently with his eyes trained on the road and left hand on the wheel. A tingle shot up to my spine when his fingertips grazed my inner thigh, his hands on me always felt so good and natural as if they were meant to be there.

"He likes you though," Owen said distracting me from his sensual touch.

"You're just saying that."

"He does, if he didn't he would have been bit yo ass." He laughed as I gasped.

"That's not funny I don't like big dogs."

"Nah I wouldn't have let that happen he's cool and laid back, you ain't got nothin' to worry about."

I shook my head looking out the window as various trees entered my line of vision.

"Your parents are very sweet, especially your mom."

"I told you my folks chill."

"You did I'll give you that."

We both laughed as I looked back at the dog in the backseat. He aimlessly wagged his tail while looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Pet him," Owen said out of nowhere.

"No are you crazy?"

"He doesn't bite unless I tell him too, pet him."

     I sighed reaching my hand out to touch his coat. He watched my hand stroking his gorgeous groomed fur with interest. Before I could register his action he stuck his tongue out giving a quick lick to my hand I gasped snatching it back.

"What happened!?" Owen asked raising his voice again.

"He licked me."