EP:21

Chapter 21

Owen's Perspective

"Forever is composed of nows."-Emily Dickinson

•••••

I wanted to make tonight special for Tiana so that she could finally open up to me more. We barely knew each other, and I could tell that she was very reserved and closed off. Though it was hard to focus on anything besides her beautiful face and little petite body I desired to stretch out in so many ways. Lust was the furthest thing from her mind right now of course, but as a man, it played on mine occasionally. I liked the way she felt up against me, the way she smiled when excited or happy, and how she bit her full lips when in her thoughts or nervous. We laid on the blanket talking and laughing at each other getting to know one another. My eyes couldn't stop scanning her wild curls and gentle smile as she laid with her pretty feet together propped up on her elbows. Her dress had slipped up a little bit from moving around so much, although she didn't notice. Seeing her so relaxed was a turn on, and seeing her in her natural element was sexy.

"You busted yo ass I bet?"

She was telling me a story of how she broke her tail bone at age twelve from falling down some house stairs.

"Yeah, it still hurts for me to sit in a chair for a long period of time after all these years."

"Damn clumsy"

"You don't feel bad for me?" Her voice became soft as she rubbed up and down my arm in a comforting manner. I knew she was becoming more comfortable being in my presence. It was an innocent gesture, but my thoughts weren't. She'd for sure be in my dreams tonight if she didn't stop.

"You ever had any pets?" I picked up a chocolate strawberry feeding it to her.

She opened up her mouth taking a bite. The berry juice dripped from her pouty lips trickling down her chin. She darted out her tongue licking it up. I laid back with my hands behind my head watching her.

"I had a bird. His name was Coco when he died I cried for two weeks straight."

I laughed hysterically, "that's not funny Owen." She slapped my chest.

"Then before I left for college I had a dog, but she ran away. I guess I don't have the best track record with animals."

"You must've been abusing his ass." I joked.

"Never, I'm too sweet to ever hurt a precious animal."

I shook my head listening to her, "what school you went to?"

"Howard...but life happened and I had to drop out."

I could tell she didn't wanna get into that topic right now. Another story for another day.

"Smart and beautiful." I teased.

She giggled moving closer to me looking into my eyes.

"School was never really for me. I'm not the type of person who can sit down and study for hours on end."

"Understandable my sister's the same way."