EP:12

Chapter 12

Tiana's Perspective

"It might take a year it might take a day, but what's meant to be will always find its way."-Unknown

•••••

AFTER weeks of completing the application process today was my first day of actual training. I hadn't talked to my sister or anyone else for that matter since leaving Oregon going into complete isolation mode. I just didn't have the confidence to answer the phone and talk to Angie after everything that had gone down. My sister and I had been on bad terms long before I even decided to leave town and I don't see it being resolved anytime soon, at least not until I'm back up on my feet.

The wall clock struck eleven-thirty as others in the shelter bustled around trying to handle their own business. I got up from the thin comforter in a pair of passed down sweat pants in search of my phone.

With only fifty minutes to get to the dealership, I was a sucker for time. I ran into the public restroom stripping out of my clothes leaving me in nothing but some flip flops to use as shower shoes. Quickly I took a seven-minute shower trying the best I could to make it to work on time.

After my shower, I put on some regular old jeans with a burgundy t-shirt throwing my hair back into a ponytail. I grabbed some paperwork from up under my assigned bed rushing out of the shelter walking past a few families in the process.

The walk to the dealership was fairly short. I made sure to arrive early just in case there were extra things Matthew needed me to do. The building was sort of empty which was how I liked it. A huge crowd of people so close together sometimes took me back to the night my mother had passed triggering my anxiety, which was never good.

While continuing to walk I opened a folder looking inside to go over my job description again. Without paying attention I bumped into a hard chest bouncing back a few inches. I clutched the papers against my chest making sure they didn't drop.

"Damn are we gon always meet like this?"

The voice sounded familiar causing chills to run down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck to stand at attention.

"Oh hi, Owen." I pulled a loose string of hair behind my ear.

"Hey clumsy"

"Real funny, if anything it's always you running into me."

He held a cup in his hand dressed in regular attire for the first time since I'd met him.

"How you figure?" The only thing I could focus on was his nice full lips parting as I clutched onto the folder for dear life.

"My eyes were trained elsewhere you were looking straight ahead, that doesn't add up."

"Shit you got me there."

I giggled at his antics, "what are you doing here?"

"Don't I work here lady?" He asked as if I was crazy.

"You're not exactly dressed to work."

People passed us in the hallway as we moved every now and then so that they could get by.

"You right, I had a meeting this morning."