EP:22

Chapter 22

Tiana's Perspective

"Be enough for yourself first the rest of the world can wait."-Fw

•••••

     THE smell of bacon hit my nostrils as beaming sun rays caused me to toss and turn throughout my sleep. My eyes opened instantly squinting at the light from my opened curtains. Like clockwork, my arm shot up to shield my vision. I sat up adjusting my bonnet and old sweatshirt. I stepped out of my bed slipping on some house slippers walking out into the hallway over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After rinsing my mouth out memories of last night flashed throughout my mind. Last night was amazing, and the crazy thing was all we did was talk about ourselves and life in general. I exited the bathroom going back into my room to put on some sweat pants before walking into the kitchen. Ally had the radio blasting Lauren Hill's X-Factor as I sat at the kitchen table watching her dance with her back turned at the stove. When she turned around she jumped before smiling clutching her chest.

"Girl that's my song." She took some biscuits out of the oven.

   Every morning since I'd moved in we both took turns making breakfast for each other. I usually preferred Ally's cooking over mines because she could throw down.

"I can see that." I shook my head.

"So how was the date last night? My ass fell asleep waitin' on you to get back." She put her hand on her hip.

    Instantly my cheeks warmed up just thinking about him and how sweet and charming the date was. I'd prefer something practical like that over an extravagant date any day.

"It was amazing Ally."

"Uh oh you didn't give him the cookie jar did you?"

"No girl." I laughed shaking my head.

"So what did yall do? I want to know all the details sis."

"Well at first I was super scared, I thought he was trying to kidnap me."

She looked over at me as if I was mentally unstable walking to the refrigerator to grab a gallon of milk.

"He took me to this ducked off area that resembled the woods, so I'm thinking he's gonna try and take advantage of me or something. Anyway, we walked along this trail and girl when we got to where he was taking me, it was this massive treehouse with lights surrounding it and everything."

"Damn he doin' some movie type shit huh?"

"Right! Then when we got inside the treehouse he had a blanket set up with food, music, and wine. He told me he wanted to have a treehouse picnic with me since it was quiet and peaceful." I continued cheesing talking about it.

"Awe that's so sweet even I'm blushing."

"Yes out of everything I was not expecting something like that, especially for the first date. It was so intimate and not once did I get awkward, scared, bored, or shy just comfortable and...myself."

"Wow, your night was damn sure more interesting than mines. I just caught up on Insecure." She turned the stove off grabbing a plate from one of the cabinets.