Reality Check

You finally allowed yourself to fully relax, your limbs resting comfortably in the cocoon of blankets you created for yourself on your living room couch. You had just dropped Izuku and Tenko off at school, and today was Tenko's first official day! The thought made you smile once more, Happy that Izuku finally has a friend that will look after him. He was just too cute and sweet, and you were always worried about the other kids trying to take advantage of him.

You grabbed the remote and turned on the tv, flipping through a couple of apps until you finally chose [netflix/hulu]. You had the whole day to yourself until 3, and it had just turned 8 o'clock in the morning. Plus, you didn't have pick up duty, Toshinori wanted to contribute to Tenko's first day of school! You snorted as you thought of Tenko's face snarled with outrage. He probably wasn't going to be too happy about this, but Toshinori was trying his best, and you would give the poor man a chance.

You grinned as you found your favorite show, clicking it eagerly as you re-wrapped yourself into a cozy and fuzzy burrito. It was time to binge watch!

'Knock knock knock'

...or not. With a sigh you paused the show you had just started, an annoyed frown growing on your features as you unwrapped yourself from your blankets and stood up; walking over to the door. You checked through the spyhole to see who was on the other side, and much to your surprise it was none other than Aizawa. Quickly you unlocked your door and opened it, the icy breeze that brushed over your bare legs making you shiver. You were still in your pajama shorts and t-shirt, since the plan of the day was to not have anymore outside interactions.

"Aizawa!"

"We need to talk." The absolute seriousness in his voice made you pause, his stern facial expression quite discouraging. You could feel your heart drop into your throat as your [e/c] eyes meet his onyx ones, an intense nervousness already starting to consume you.

"A-about?" The words were hard to push from the back of your throat, stuck as though they were a thick honey you had just swallowed.

"You."

Wow, that was a very open ended answer. You exhaled deeply in an attempt to help ease the anxiety pooling in the bottom of your stomach, and then you took a step back and opened the door; gesturing for the tired man to come inside.

Come in quick, I'm losing heat." Aizawa immediately complied, his eyes scanning around your house as he did so. You had hung up some new decor, consisting of three macaroni portraits. One was an explosion, the other was a heart, and the last one was a pair of wings; a little halo floating on top of them.

It was only after he stepped through your doorway that you saw the thin folder in his hands, a couple of stray papers sticking out. At the red 'classified' stamp that marked the vanilla colored paper you could feel your heart skip a beat.

What did he know?

You closed the door behind him and walked into your living room, taking a seat on your large couch. Aizawa sat across from you in the love seat, the only thing separating the two of you being a tiny coffee table.

"So, the topic of me. My least favorite topic." You joked, watching as Aizawa set the folder he was holding on the dark brown table. If he heard your joke, he made no signs of it.

"What is your relationship with the people who attempted to kidnap you?" Your eyes widened slightly at his question, disbelief painting your features. Wow, straight to the point huh?

"I-what? I don't know,I didn't know any of them!" Aizawa scowled at your response, causing another wave of anxiety to seep into your being.

"Why did you want to go home instead of the hospital when you were kidnapped?" You scoffed at this, immediately feeling agitated from the accusing tone this conversation was steering towards.