Complicated

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck." You chanted like a mantra as you sprinted down the incredibly narrow alleyway, your left hand applying pressure to your right injured arm that continued to bleed sluggishly, only a small dull [f/c] glow emitting from around the cut.

"Come on!"

'BOOM'

You shrieked as you threw yourself to the wet pavement harshly, your hands scrapping brutally while the heat of a fireball passing from above you burned too hot for comfort, narrowly missing your figure.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" You screeched as your clenched your teeth harshly, your wobbly legs struggling to get you back up. When you did stand you almost fell over, but quickly steadied yourself on the wall next to you, leaving behind a rather ominous bloody hand print as you did so.

How did you get into this mess?

Good question.

~

~

~

"[f/n], I don't know how you do it. Are you sure you're okay? Do you want me to drive you home?" You gave Sina a tired wave of refusal as you both walked towards the exit, a yawn stopping you from a verbal response.

"No, don't worry about it. I'm just gonna blast my heater and drive straight home."

"That's still concerning, what if you fall asleep? You really overdid it with your quirk today, I'm just worried." Despite your complete and utter exhaustion you still managed to tug your lips into a reassuring smile, ruffling Sina's bright pink hair in reassurance.

"Well, If I didn't, my patient would have died. You worry too much Sina, and besides! I've been through way worse!"

"... Is that supposed to reassure me?" Sina raised her eyebrows at you, while you gave a sheepish and tired smile in return.

"Yes?"

"Ahh [f/n]" she sighed in fake exasperation, wrapping her warm arm around your shoulder as you reached the lobby of the hospital.

"Seriously Sina, I'm fine. Plus, I totally saw you on Toka's whiteboard. If you drove me home you wouldn't be able to scrub in and assist him with his surgery, or with his pants-"

"ACK YOU REALLY ARE OKAY HUH GOODNIGHT BYE-" You laughed at her bright red face and gave her a firm wave back, your bright smile immediately dropping from your face the moment your back was to her.

"Christ I'm tired." You muttered to yourself, already pulling out your car keys from your back pocket the moment the automatic doors of the hospital opened.

"Shit." You shivered, the thin white long sleeve shirt you wore doing absolutely nothing to comfort you from the cold that quickly engulfed you. Quickly you speed walk over to your car and unlocked it, practically flinging yourself inside of it to escape from the cold. Your car did little to shelter you.

Immediately you turned the engine on and blasted the heater, only to squeak and turn it to defrost mode the moment the ice cold air blasted full force on your face.

"FUCK!" you shivered, taking off your hospital Id from around your neck and throwing it on the passenger seat next to you.

The steering wheel was ice cold to the touch, and you quickly realized you would be sitting here a good five minutes before it was warm enough to drive safely. With a sigh you quickly pulled out your phone and started playing some music, your eyes scanning around your front window as you sung the words to the song.

It was already almost 12 am, and the sky was a black void from the pollution of city lights. The only solace was the full moon, shining brightly through the clouds that had started to roll in. You watched the street across from you half heartedly, an eerie feeling sending another shiver down your spine from just how quiet it was.