t w e n t y

The music thumped loudly as the band played in the backyard. It came as a surprise when Charlie learned the gym had been flooded and the dance was moved to Tyler Lockwood's mansion but he knew this was all apart of Klaus' plan.

His dark eyes swept over the crowd, an almost sinister look in his eyes. He couldn't spot Rebekah anywhere and he had a bad feeling in his gut. Something had happened to her and he was going to kill anyone who got into his way.

As he walked on, girls seemed to stare at him and the way he seemed to walk with power in each step. The necklace that hung around his neck shined under the lights, drawing people's attention to it. The letter 'M' was in fancy scrawl but it was more than just a necklace, it was what showed everyone that he was a Mikaelson.

He turned his head when he heard someone take the stage and he was pleasantly surprised to see Klaus grabbing the microphone. "Good evening, everyone! I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming." 

Charlie sighed in annoyance. He now understood what was happening. The Scooby Gang managed to make Klaus think Michael is dead. This was their plan all along: get Michael to kill Klaus once and for all. 

Charlie maneuvered his way through the crowd, catching the end of Klaus and Stefan's conversation. "Seems the homecoming queen still walks among the living, which leaves me to believe Rebekah isn't here. Where is she?" 

"That's exactly what I've been wondering," Charlie said, his voice hard as he stared daggers into Stefan. The Salvatore boy seemed to tense up with Charlie around making the Immortal werewolf smirk. 

"I have no idea. I thought she was coming with you." Stefan said, his eyes moving to Charlie before they fled back to Klaus, avoiding Charlie's eyes. They had flashed blood-red for a split second. 

"No, she and I were supposed to meet here." 

Klaus's eyebrows furrowed as he looked between the two. "Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where's my sister?" 

Stefan looked Klaus straight in the eye. "I said I have no idea. Now, would you like me to take you to your father?" 

"Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it? Bring him to me." Klaus grinned, slightly, obviously sensing something was wrong with this situation. 

Stefan paused for a moment before he nodded. "All right. Perhaps there's something in it for me? My freedom from your compulsion." 

"Oh, you want your freedom?" Klaus chuckled as he moved closer. "Well, once he's dead and his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back to you." 

Stefan turns to leave and Charlie sighs as he turns to Klaus. "They're planning something, Klaus. I saw Michael hours ago, he's here to kill you." 

Klaus studied Charlie for a moment before he nodded, completely believing him. "Well, we can't have that, now can we?" He smirked maliciously, Charlie's lips turning up in amusement before the two of them made their way inside to come up with a plan. 

▪ ▪ ▪

Elena is standing alone, listening to the band when Charlie saddles up next to her. She tenses up, obviously not wanting to be alone with her ex-older brother. "Where's your date?" He asked playfully. 

"Getting me a drink," She said simply. She didn't even look up at him making him roll his eyes in annoyance. 

"Well, it seems like Klaus and I have you to thank for Michael's demise." He said as he linked his hands behind his back, looking around at the crowd around him. 

Elena swallowed harshly. "He came at me. I didn't have a choice." 

"Still." Charlie shrugged as he turned so he was standing in front of her, intimidating her. "I'm impressed. It's not easy for a human to dagger an original." 

Her eyes hardened. "It wasn't the first time." 

Charlie chuckled slightly as he nodded, looking down at his shoes for a moment. "Right. Elijah. You seem nervous." He tilted his head as he studied her, his brown eyes making goosebumps rise on her skin. 

"I'm not nervous. I just don't like you," She snapped back making his lips quirk up again. 

Charlie cleared his throat, suddenly becoming serious. "Right. Straight to the point them, shall I, 'Lena?" He asked, using her nickname as he tilted his head. "People have been after Klaus for 1,000 years. And he's always one step ahead. So, whatever it si you're thinking of trying-- go for it, give it your best shot. You won't succeed." 

He said harshly before he smiled slightly, keeping up the loving brother act as some humans walked past. "It won't be for lack of trying," Elena frowned. 

"Now, you'd be smart to tell Damon to mind his manners tonight. 'Cause if Klaus dies, he's already ensured that Damon'll die along with him. Even in his death, Klaus' hybrids have their orders. So, you kill Klaus, you're killing Damon too." 

Elena stared up at him, her lips parted in surprise, her heart beating wildly in her chest. She was scared and he knew it. "Have a nice night, Elena." He turned on his heel and walked towards the house, a newfound pep in his step. 

Elena's shoulder drooped as she dropped the scared girl act because she was actually Katherine. But Charlie wasn't as dumb as he looked. He knew exactly who she was. 

▪ ▪ ▪

Charlie was waiting for the right time to strike. He knew exactly what was happening because he knew the Scooby Gang down to a tee. He could see Klaus standing in front of the doorway with Michael standing outside of the house. 

When Michael pulled Elena, better known as Katherine out, he rolled his eyes. It was so obvious, how could Klaus not tell that it wasn't Elena. He got ready as Damon came out and attacked Klaus, stabbing him with the stake. 

Out of nowhere, Stefan tackles Damon before Charlie could but Charlie was quick to grab the stake, recognizing the hesitation in Klaus' eyes. Even though Michael had ruined Klaus' life, Micahel was still his father in his eyes. 

Charlie's eyes flashed blood-red as he growled and ran at Michael, smashing the stake into Michael's chest. Michael screamed in pain, first erupting from the stake. Klaus moved to Charlie's side, both of them watching Michael burn. 

"What the hell did you do?" Damon snapped at Stefan as he stumbled up from the ground. 

Klaus and Charlie turned and entered the house, moving towards Damon and Stefan. "He earned his freedom," Klaus said as Stefan got up and looked at the original hybrid. "Thank you, my friend." He said before he locked eyes with him. "You no longer have to do as I say. You're free." 

Charlie watched as Stefan closed his eyes before he opened them again to turn towards Damon but he had already disappeared. 

▪ ▪ ▪

Charlie stared out the window of his new bedroom in the Michaelson home, his phone tight in his grip because he knows Rebekah is out there somewhere. He wanted her back but he knows that the others had something to do with her radio silence. 

All of a sudden, there was a crash downstairs. His eyebrows furrowed as he turned and used his speed to hurry down the stairs, stopping when he saw Klaus throwing tools around, destroying things. "You know, if you want this house to be done any sooner, you're going to have to stop destroying everything." 

Klaus huffed as he dropped the saw, ignoring the lang bang it made when it hit the floor. "He took them. He took them all, Charlie. I'm going to kill everyone he loves until he gives them back." He growled angrily. 

Charlie's eyebrows furrowed as he shook his head. "Who are you talking about? What did they take?" 

"Stefan Salvatore has gone behind my back and has stolen the caskets that contain my family." 

Charlie's mood dropped again. He clenched his hand and the phone in his hand suddenly became scrap metal. "I'm going to kill those idiot brothers."