t e n

Elena and Jeremy panicked the moment they came home to find popcorn all over the floor of the living room and dining room, the lower level of the house a complete mess. They tried to come up with excuses for Jenna but she wasn't falling for any of them. Jenna knew that Charlie could hardly remember anyone from his past, where would he go if he was staying with friends? 

With Bonnie dying and coming back to life, the Klaus situation, and Charlie going missing, everyone was on edge as of late. And maybe it was a mistake for Elena to pull the dagger out of Elijah but it was the only thing she could think of that would help her. 

▪ ▪ ▪

Charlie was forced to sleep on the couch, his back stiff as he woke up. Katherine's hair dangled in his face and he rose an eyebrow at her. "What?" He asked carelessly. He was uncomfortable, tired, and he didn't want to deal with Katherine anymore than he has to. 

"How are you able to sleep with that maniac around?" She snapped as she handed him a cup of coffee. 

His eyebrows furrowed as he sat up, running a hand through his hair. "I can't exactly die so I'm perfectly fine with sleeping anywhere." He smirked sarcastically at her making her scoff and roll her eyes. The two looked behind them when the door closed leaving Klaus and themselves alone. "Where is witchy going?" Charlie asked as he sipped his coffee. 

"To retrieve me, so I can get out of this bad hair-do." 

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" Katherine asked wearily. 

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us." He placed the moonstone on the table. "I've killed the witch," Charlie's eyes widened when he said that. Bonnie couldn't be dead. She had the power of 100 dead witches, she couldn't have died from fighting a human version of Klaus. "I have the moonstone, and the doppelganger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse." 

"And why would you do that here? There are so many people that would try to stop you." Katherine frowned. Charlie hummed in agreement, nodding along with Katherine. 

"Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelganger." 

"I didn't realize that was a requirement." 

Klaus rose an eyebrow, "Well how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and slaughtered your family. So, I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you are." 

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt." Katherine explained making Charlie inwardly groan. His sister, the saint. He would kill her if she didn't put up a fight against Klaus. Honestly, how stupid she would be if she just let him kill her. 

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on." He grabs Katherine's chin and looked her in the eye. "You can't leave until I tell you." He looked to Charlie who rolled his eyes and walked off, not even bothering putting up a fight.

▪ ▪ ▪

Elena parked her car and looked to Elijah who was beside her, draining a blood bag. "You look better." And he did, he was gaining the color back in his face making him look less ashy. 

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah asked, ignoring her comment. 

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." 

Elijah smirked slightly. "Your ability to make demands has long passed." 

Elena shook her head. "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."