e i g h t e e n

The house was actually silent for once and Charlie felt at peace. He kept his eyes closed and he relaxed in the bed when he the bed shift to his left. His arm was picked up and he felt someone tuck their head in his neck and throw their leg over his. 

Her hair was silky as he ran his fingers through it, his lips quirking up slightly. "We have to get out of bed sometime during the day, right?" 

"I don't know, I quite like the view from here," A laugh escaped the two of them and Charlie opened his eyes as he gazed down at the blonde that seemed very content just laying on his chest. Charlie flipped her over and pulled the sheet over them, the two of them laughing and having the time of their lives. 

▪ ▪ ▪

When Charlie actually decided to get out of bed, he got dressed in a simple pair of black skinny jeans and he left his button-down open as he worked in the kitchen. He thought breakfast in bed would be a nice touch because he felt like Rebekah was the type of girl that wasn't cherished enough. 

After he flipped a pancake, he felt arms wrap around his waist and he laughed slightly as Rebekah leaned her head around his arm because he was too tall for her to place her chin on his shoulder.

"This was supposed to be breakfast in bed!" He smiled as he shook his head. 

 "Oops," She laughed. "You have impeccable genes, you know? You're so tall." Rebekah hummed as she let go of him and leaned on the counter. 

"I wouldn't know, I don't know my birth parents," He sent her a sad smile and she frowned as she tilted her head before she tucked herself under his arm. 

"They were idiots for giving up on you because they missed out on something great." He looked down at her and pressed his lips against hers before pulling back to place the last pancake onto a plate. 

"Bon appétit," He smiled. 

Before he could sit down at the table to enjoy the food, his phone began ringing and he sighed as he pulled it out of his back pocket to see Damon's annoyed face pop up on the screen. He remembers following Damon around for about an hour, before he caught him just in time to snap a picture.

He looked to Rebekah for permission and she smiled at him and nodded her head, allowing him to answer it. He placed down his plate and answered the phone. "What is it today, Damon? Ghosts attacking the people of Mystic Falls?" 

"Yeah, actually." Charlie seemed to straighten up with his answer. "Viki was the one that set fire to Alaric's car last night but when Bonnie was sending her back, she screwed something up and now the ghosts of Christmas past are coming back." 

Charlie's eyebrows furrowed. "How do you know?" 

"Well, I was skewered by someone I thought was dead, and let's just say I was having déjá vu,"  Damon explained over the phone. 

"So everyone that's ever died in Mystic Falls is back?" 

"As far as I know," Damon sighed. 

Charlie's lips parted in annoyance and he turned back to Rebekah, his eyebrows furrowing. She was halfway through one of her pancakes now and she looked like she was enjoying it. 

"What do you need me to do?" 

"Meet me at the old Lockwood cellar, bring a shovel." 

Damon hung up and he pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at Rebekah. She tilted her head and looked up at him, "When are you going to realize that they're just using you, Charlie?"