s e v e n t e e n

Emotionless Stefan was getting on Charlie's nerves. His god awful music was blaring throughout the house and bloody girls were wandering around, either completely wasted or drowsy from blood loss, he couldn't tell.

When the music was finally shut off, he let out a sigh of relief now that his eardrums didn't feel like they were going to burst. Ever since Damon brought him here, he hasn't left the house but he did have his personal items like clothes brought to him.

"Charlie!" Damon called up the stairs making him huff in annoyance before he slipped off his painting stool and mosied on downstairs.

He almost tripped on two dead girls making him scrunch his face up in disgust as he hopped over their bodies before walking into the main foyer. "There are two girls bleeding all over a vintage Persian rug on the stairs." He said before he stopped short when he saw Rebekah standing with the Salvatore brothers. "She is my cue to leave."

"You're still angry about what I did?" Rebekah asked in exasperation, adjusting the bags in her arms.

"You stabbed me in the back," He said, throwing up his hands. "Literally!" He exclaimed, scrunching up his face in annoyance and anger. "You did it because Klaus wanted you to, that says a lot about a person and where their loyalties lie." 

Damon and Stefan looked in between the two, going back and forth their arguing match. "He left me, if you must know." Rebekah snapped before she looked at the brothers. "Which one's my room?"

"You're not staying here," Stefan chuckled like what she had said was a joke.

"For once in my life, I agree with Stefan." Charlie's words almost hurt Rebekah but she knew he would get over their little spat eventually so, she took it in stride.

"Rude. Both of you," She glared. "I'll see to it myself." She huffed before she turned and walked up the stairs, disregarding the fact that it wasn't her home and she wasn't exactly wanted. 

Stefan turned back to the other two and rose an eyebrow. "So I guess she's staying here." 

▪ ▪ ▪

Charlie had worked his way around the house, sometimes painting, sometimes reading, sometimes he even strummed a guitar while wandering the halls until Damon got annoyed and told him to do something else. 

Charlie was on his way out of the kitchen when Damon stopped him. "Get dressed, you're coming with me." He ordered and walked away before Charlie could even object or get a word in, for that matter. 

After getting changed, Damon forced him into his car before he drove towards the high school making Charlie stay seated. "Come on, don't get all pouty now. We have a team meeting." 

"Oh, yes, the "Save Elena Squad"," Charlie sassed, rolling his eyes as he slipped out of the baby blue car. "Now, why would I get invited when none of you trust me?" 

Damon pursed his lips as he looked at the Immortal over the top of the car, "You heard all of that last night?" 

Charlie tilted his head, "Only the parts about me. Why? Did you finally confess your undying love for little Elena Gilbert?" 

Damon narrowed his eyes at Charlie. "You're about two seconds away from getting your head shoved through a car window." Charlie scoffed and rolled his eyes before he walked towards the school, Damon following after him. 

When they made it to Alaric's classroom, Alaric, Caroline, and Elena were already there. Damon sauntered in first before Charlie followed after. Elena seemed to tense up when she saw him but Charlie didn't care as he shut the door behind himself.