Roommate?

"Ooo, you're getting a roommate, Hajime?"

Hajime, Sonia, Gonta, and Nagito, all sat at a table farthest away from the people in the restaurant, Hajime definitely not wanting a repeat of last time's mistakes with Nagito. The cafe the same one he went to with Gonta before, still as welcoming as always, and thankfully this time nothing would happen, as it was fairly empty.

Hajime sighed and leaned his head against the cool table, "Yeah, after the place burned down, I kinda have to, since I can't afford it ..."

Sonia smiled back at Hajime, seeming to understand his restlessness, "Do you have any ideas on who your roommate is going to be?"

"No.... A friend of mine offered, but I'm not going to take care of that moron 24/7."

Gonta smiled next to Sonia, finally understanding what everyone was talking about, Gonta definitely not being the brightest bulb in the box, "Mr. Nagito has place where Hajime can stay, Place is veeeeery big, has extra bedroom!"

Nagito spit out his drink at that, choking on it, surprised at the suggestion, " Ah -Gonta I can't really... well what I mean to say is- It's just I wasn't really expecting...I mean... I don't mind."

Hajime sighed once more, already used to Nagito's antics from the times he's spent with him so far, "Nagito, you don't have to if you don't want to, you can make your own decisions, you have your own free will, y' know."

"No! I mean- it really is fine- I've just really never had a roommate before, so..."

Hajime perked his head up at Nagito's words, surprised at his confession, "Really? Lucky... I've literally never had a good roommate in my life, the only one I kinda count is Souda, and he was a disgusting slob."

Sonia smiled at them, like a mother proud of her children hitting it off so well, "Well... Nagito now is your chance! Hajime can stay over with you because we can't let him have nowhere to stay, now can we?"

Nagito sheepishly smiled at the latter, focusing his attention back to his drink. He really didn't mind Hajime coming over, it was just that it got a little difficult around nighttime.

And by difficult, he means the fans waiting at his door half the time.

Sonia and Gonta didn't know it since they lived nowhere near him, but he had fans at his door waiting for him every night, watching and waiting for him to come back home, some even going through drastic measures by camping out there for weeks and Nagito didn't have the heart to kindly tell them to fuck off. He certainly did not want Hajime to have to go through his rabid fanbase every day.

Nagito went back to drinking his drink, with the thoughts of the pros and cons of Hajime as a roommate clouding his mind. He was so deep in thought, that he didn't notice the hand on his shoulder, making his thoughts trail off.

"Are you alright, Nagito?" Hajime asked the man, sensing his uncomfortableness.

Nagito just smiled back, notifying Hajime that he was alright, answering Hajime's question.

Hajime, a little disgruntled shook his head at Nagito, trying to find the right words to say, "Look, it's fine if you don't want to room me, in fact, you really don't have to, I can find someone else to room with if it's making you uncomfortable."

Nagito rubbed his head and temples, a little stressed out at whether he should accept or decline. He really didn't want Hajime to get hurt from his fans, but he also didn't want him to have to find another place to stay while he found a roommate. He certainly didn't want Hajime to go through all that trouble, especially since he was working under him.