Ice

The weekend could not have gone by any faster.

Hajime was pacing in his bathroom anxiously, his anxiety keeping him at home, before he went to his job at HOPE.

Hajime almost couldn't believe he got the job either, it was almost too good to be true.

Which means something is going to go wrong today.

Hajime ran his long fingers through his coat, contemplating what he should do.No matter what he did, his luck managed to find a way to mess it up or ruin it, but it didn't hurt to be prepared. He didn't want his luck to ruin his chance since he actually had a nice boss this time.

Hinata grabbed his trusty first aid kit, deciding he had enough of his anxiety and his state of self-pity. Sucking it up he stepped outside, welcoming the cold winter air. Taking a moment to breathe, determination lit up in his eyes once again, and he stepped on the ice-covered sidewalk.

The ice-covered sidewalks and the snow-white trees, complimented the frosty weather, making his neighborhood seem like a winter wonderland. Hajime took a moment to look at the ice and the snow and inhaled the crisp, cool air. It was Hajime's favorite season after all.

"Watch out!"

The brunette turned around and was met with a bicycle coming at him, seeming to have lost control due to the slippery sidewalk. Hajime was frozen, as the bicycle came at him at full speed.

Ah, he knew something was going to go wrong today.

As the bicycle crashed into him, he fell face-first on the sidewalk, his head erupting in pain. He slowly got up and looked at the girl who had crashed into him.

"Sorry dude, I didn't mean to hurt ya," the girl spoke her long canines widened into a smile.

Hajime grabbed his temple and grunted at the pain, "It's fine, I've got a first- aid kit on me."

The girl took a glance at his form, and slowly started picking up her bike, "Well I owe ya anyway dude, I did hit ya, after all, I'm not the type of gal to just leave someone when they're in pain."

"The name's Akane Owari, I'll treat ya sometime for some dinner at my place, I did crash into ya after all."

Hajime, occupied with wrapping the gauze around his forehead, straightened up a little at the girl's words, " It's fine Akane, I was in your way, you don't have to treat me to dinner for something so trivial."

"No, no, no I insist dude! I crashed into ya, therefore I owe ya, plus ya look strong enough to fight me, and that'll be a plus!" Akane said, pressing her bike to a nearby tree.

The girl didn't look like she was going to budge on her insisting, so Hajime gave in after all the girl seemed nice, and who could pass up free food?

"Ok, then Akane if you insist," the brunette replied the gauze sticking to his bloodied forehead.

The girl seemed to smile at this and ran off waving at Hajime, " See ya tomorrow at six, dude!"

Hajime waved back before continuing his journey to HOPE. The girl seemed nice, and he hadn't had dinner besides instant ramen in a month, so to say Hajime was actually feeling rather excited, was an understatement.

Wait.

Hajime stopped in his tracks.

Did he ever give her his name?

Hajime groaned at his forgetfulness, of course, he didn't. Hopefully, the girl would ignore that, and he could introduce himself tomorrow. It wasn't good manners for someone to give you their name, and you say nothing in return. Oh well, Hajime has done worse things in terms of politeness.

He turned at the corner, and his eyes caught the sight of the impressive building called HOPE. It towered above the rest of the buildings, almost making him feel inferior.

He took a deep breath and walked towards the doors.

Hope really was a fitting name for the company.