Hope

Nagito was bored.

He had finished all his work and he was bored.

His dull office did not seem to help his problem, the gray color depressing his mood significantly. His head pressed up against his cool desk, and he glanced around the room, just hoping his imagination would help satisfy him with his uninteresting office life.

But I really should be grateful for the peace, his mind supplied, balancing a nearby pencil on his finger.

"Nagito!"

Ah. Maybe I shouldn't have spoken so soon.

"Nagito!" Sonia called.

Nagito groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. Sonia was in charge of keeping control over his "fan base", as she called it, and usually, that meant she was also the one to drag him out of his office, to appease the people, as she would tell him. His fans, almost breaking in several times, barely acted like civilized beings around him, and he could never hold a conversation with anyone anymore. His family were the only people he could talk to normally, and he was very grateful for them.

His fans were rather unbearable sometimes.

HOPE, the company Nagito runs, started out small, with him and his family just running the business. But people began to become enamored with him and tried their utmost best to work as close as they could to him, so they could be with him. Of course they still "worked" with him, they just never saw his face, his family making sure of that.

There was a reason only his family worked alongside him.

The curse had made it significantly hard to interact with anyone, besides his family, and they would usually do anything to be right beside him. Nagito had almost no one to talk to because they always seemed to agree with everything he said and he could never hold a conversation. He despised his curse.

So when Sonia came running in, he knew he was going to have to deal with it.

Of course, Nagito absolutely adored his cousin, as she was the only relative who was close to his age and he could have a normal conversation with. But his relatives saw this as an opportunity as she was the only one that could get Nagito out of his little "hovel".

"Nagito!"

Nagito glanced up at Sonia, his cheek still pillowed against his desk. Sonia looked down at him before she decided to pinch his cheeks. Nagito whined as she pulled his face, stretching it as far as it could go.

"Nagito!"

"I'm listening, I'm listening!" He whined, his cheeks still throbbing.

Sonia seemed to stare right into his soul, before finding his answer satisfactory. She pulled up a chair in the corner, and sat up straight, giving her the look of a refined princess, before glaring at Nagito, beckoning him to sit up straight.

Sonia exhaled slightly and sat up a little straighter in the chair, " Nagito, I know you're not going to like this - Nagito seemed to cringe slightly at her facial expression-, but you need to go to an interview with me tomorrow, for your new secretary."

Nagito groaned and leaned back in his swivel chair. He really did not want to have to deal with this shit again. He knew eventually they were going to have to get a secretary, but he still didn't want to have to do it. He's gone to at least 60 of these stupid things. But no matter what, once they got an eyeful of his face, they would reduce into a bumbling, idiotic state.

"Sonia, can't we just get Aunty to do it? She's got lots of time on her hands." Nagito solicited, spinning in his swivel chair.

"That's because she's retired Nagito,'' Sonia said, rubbing her temple slightly.

"Well, what about you? You're great with people, and have loads of patience."

"Nagito, complimenting me isn't going to get you out of it, besides I'm in charge of making sure your fanbase isn't killing anybody."

"Worth a shot."

Sonia felt bad for him, she really did, but she was doing it for his own good. She knew that he would probably hate him for this, but she had no choice. She would have to show him some tough love.

Sonia, making up her mind, turned her back towards him and walked towards the door.

"I'm sorry Nagito, but you can't get out of this one."

She quietly closed the door behind her, her heels clicking down the hallway.

Nagito sighed.

Here we go again.