Break

"Hajime!"

The brunette turned around surprised with the sudden shout, today was his second day working at HOPE and loads of work was already assigned to him, it was almost as bad as his last company.

"Hajime!"

Hinata turned around towards Sonia, hoping that maybe she wouldn't have too much work for him to do, as he was pretty exhausted, and it had only been three hours in.

"Hajime, I need you to set up a couple of appointments for Nagito today, It's with the Togami and Harmony companies, we're just trying to get set up for this month..."

Sonia looked up, seemingly noticing how tired Hajime looked, "Oh.... We can do this another day if you would like?"

Hajime sighed rubbing his tired eyes, irritating his contacts, "No it's fine Miss Nevermind, I can handle it."

"I told you, call me Sonia! And are you sure you don't need a break? We're just kind of busy today because it's close to Christmas, so I guess you're kinda unlucky for coming at this time of year.... " Sonia trailed off, already pondering about who she should ask to do it instead.

"No, it's alright Miss Nevermind I don't mind, my lunch break is in 30 minutes so I can rest then," Hajime replied, trying to persuade the blonde.

Sonia puffed her cheeks out at the Miss Nevermind, seemingly annoyed she didn't call him Sonia, " Alright, but you should go talk to Nagito about the appointments, they're really important, and he can't miss them."

Hajime nodded, then stood up from his desk, already heading towards Nagito's office.

He knocked at the door and listened to the Ceo squeak in surprise.

Nagito, in all his glory, answered the door with a smile.

"Ah, Hajime! I was hoping you weren't just a lovely dream I had!" The Ceo said, inviting him to his office.

What the fuck.

".... Ok?," Hajime replied, a little creeped out.

" Oh silly me, that sounded a little weird, huh? Well, I hope you can forgive me, it's not often I see someone, besides my family, who can handle my curse!" Nagito said sheepishly, a little embarrassed from his outburst earlier.

".... Sure...." Hajime said, not believing the man, maybe he's having another stress hallucination?

"Alright I heard from Miss Nevermind that I need to set up a couple of appointments for the next month for you, right?" the brunette questioned, just wanting to get this over with so he can go on his break.

"Yeah! That shouldn't take long, I'm not meeting them in person for obvious reasons, but I will be on call with them, to help with our partnership, as we are going to have to make a couple deals with them next month." Hajime brightened up at Nagito's words, it hopefully wouldn't take that long.

"But you should know, both companies are a little bit ....... difficult to talk to," Nagito grimaced, seeming to remember when Gonta had to call both companies when he was secretary.

Well, they can't be that bad, right?

Right?

"When do you have free time?" Hajime asked, already dialing the number to the Togami company.

"Oh, I'm free on December 13th and December 15th, but if they aren't free on those days, we can work something out," Nagito said, spinning in his swivel chair.

Hajime dialed the number and listened to the buzzing of the phone while he waited.

"State your business."

Hajime almost dropped the phone from the tone, whoever was on the other end sounded downright murderous.

" Ah, I'm Hajime, calling from HOPE, I just wanted to know what time you were free to schedule an appointment, My boss is free the 13th and 15th, and just wanted to know if you were free those days."

"Oh... Well, Mr. Byakuya is busy on the 13th but is free on the 15th at 3:00, is that alright?

Hajime smiled, at least he didn't have to do any extra work," Sure, that should be fine, Miss or Mister....?

"Peko, goodbye."

Hajime listened to the phone beep, confirming she hung up.

Rude.

" You really weren't kidding when you said they'd be a little difficult..."

Nagito chuckled awkwardly, " Yeah the Togami company aren't really conversationalists... But I'm sure Peko didn't mean the harm."

Hajime was hoping he wasn't lying about that.

Dialing the number for Harmony, hoping they wouldn't be as rude this time, Hajime listened to the beeping, waiting for them to pick up.

"Yo! You've reached Harmony, how can I help ya!"

Hajime thanked his somewhat lucky stars, at least they sounded nice.

" Ah, I'm Hajime from HOPE, just calling to schedule an appointment for my boss, I was wondering if you were free the 13th or 15th?"

" Yeah! My sidekick's free on the 13th at 5:00 is that good enough for ya?"

Sidekick? Well, whatever, at this point he wasn't going to question it.

"Yeah, that should be fine Miss or Mister....."

"Kaito! Luminary of the stars! And don't you forget it!"

Hajime sighed, these are the people who were helping lead the biggest industries in the world?

"Nishishishi~ Who're you talking to Moron-chan?~" A new voice came in over the phone, startling Hajime once more.

"None of your business! And stop calling me Moron-chan!" Hajime listened to their bickering over the receiver, contemplating whether he should hang up or not.

On one hand, it's impolite, on the other hand, he didn't give a fuck.

He was almost relieved when he heard another voice over the receiver trying to calm the two down.

"I'm so sorry for your trouble sir... have a nice day."

Hajime cried in relief when the phone hung up.

He was glad he had a break next.