Distraction

Hajime was an idiot.

Dumb, stupid, moron, all of the words above. He was a dumbass for making Nagito cry.

Hajime sat on the ground in front of the man, Nagito's eyes watering slightly, neither of them making the effort to start any sort of conversation.

" Are you ok sir? They didn't seem to hurt you or anything right?" Hajime asked the man, hoping to lighten up the fact he made Nagito cry, referring to the tears in his eyes.

Nagito nodded, wiping away the excess water from his eye, " Yes, I'm sorry for your distress Hajime, I just got something in my eye that's all."

Hajime sighed in relief, thanking whatever deity above, for not having to have caused Nagito's misery. If that were to happen, Sonia would kill him for sure.

Hajime helped Nagito get up, offering his hand to him, and pulling slightly to get him up. Hajime smiled at him but stopped when he realized they had no way of getting out unless they wanted to get swarmed by the on-lookers again.

"Ah... We might have a slight problem, Mr. Nagito...."

Nagito hummed, urging for him to continue.

Hajime sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, " We can't get through the crowd like before, and we can't use your mask and glasses, because they'll know it's you..."

Nagito hummed again under his breath, that was a problem now was it?

Hajime sat down on the floor almost giving up when an idea hit him.

" Ah, Nagito I'll be right back, please stay here and don't move."

Nagito nodded, content with staying in the bathroom, who was Hajime going to get?

_______________________________________________________________________

"So you want me to help your friend get out, whose feeling sick?" the donut-loving girl asked, whipping her hair out of her face.

Hajime nodded, grateful for being able to meet the girl before. If she just agreed to the plan, they would be able to get Nagito out safely, and the girl seemed nice so he hoped she would help him and Nagito.

"Sure I'll help ya! Your friend is in the bathroom, right? What do ya want me to do?" Aoi asked Hajime, grateful her friends haven't come yet so she could help him out.

"Well... I need you to distract everyone inside while he comes out, he isn't very fond of people..." Hajime lied to Aoi, anything to keep her from asking questions.

"Sure, I don't mind! I know something that'll distract 'em..."

_______________________________________________________________________

Hajime was unsure how he ended up in this situation, to be honest.

There he was, with Nagito's large green hoodie covered over the both of them, people running around outside like giddy children who just got candy.

At least Aoi distracted them?

When Hajime went to the bathroom to tell Nagito the plan, Aoi had gotten right to work as she yelled, "NAGITO'S OUTSIDE!" loudly, her booming voice echoing across the restaurant catching the attention of the customers and workers alike. Her distraction helping Nagito and Hajime make it out of the restaurant.

It was almost ironic, Hajime thought, that she was helping the real Nagito and she didn't even know it.

They both had made it safely across the street in record time, with not one of Nagito's fans chasing after them. Hajime and Nagito thanked Aoi silently.

Thank God the plan worked.

Hajime relaxed on the side of HOPE's building, with Nagito catching his breath, both being very grateful they made it back.

Then Hajime started chuckling, Nagito laughing along with him, almost dying of laughter at the bizarreness of the situation.

Both kept laughing and laughing, whether, from relief or the crisis being averted, Hajime didn't know.

But it was nice having moments like this anyway.

Fanfics to check out:

My Final Hope- Komahina by Madiiez on Wattpad

This fanfic is really good! You should check it out if you want to see good writing.