Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)

*unedited*

"Just tell me fast whatever you wanna say",; Manik roared. The veins in his neck were throbbing out and his jaws were tightly clenched. "I know Manik you are in a hurry but wait. Let someone come", Harshad smirked. Manik was right now least interested in his turvy talks, "Who the hell is coming?" Manik growled. "No one. Just the love of your life", he taunted. "What does she have to do with it?", Manik questioned. "She just needs to answer a few questions", Manik looked at him with hatred filled in his eyes. Harshad may not accept but Manik's look was intimidating him. "Leave those...you tell me why was the love of your life running away ha when she was all guns blazing at me three days back when I bad mouthed you? What had happened suddenly?", Harshad was putting forward those questions which Manik was itching to ask, but he can't show right now.

"Its nothing like that Harshad. Just keep your mouth shut", Manik said looking at the other side, he was trying to control his anger. "It is like that Manik. I know it", Harshad gave away that cunning look, "Whats more surprising is that I even know why Nandini was running away?". Manik looked at him in the eyes trying to gauge if he is lying or he actually knows. "Why?", Manik asked whispering, "Guilt Manik, Guilt. Guilt is a huge emotion", before Harshad could say more, the door banged open and in came Nandini along with Hades.

"Dont drag Manik into all this Harshad. What you have is with me just keep it to me", Nandini boomed in anger. "You wish Nandini. I am keeping it to you that's why look he isn't even tied", Nandini examined Manik and found him without any ropes.

"I was just telling Manik how people act in a frantic manner out of guilt", he smirked walking towards her, "Stop it Harshad", she grunted. "Why stop Nandini? I thought you won't tell him so let me inform him", he replied with the same smirk. "Shut the fuck up", she warned him. Hades along with his team stood there on their toes ready to kill at one nod from Nandini.

"Nandini, what is going on? For what are you guilty?", at last Manik asked not able to contain himself more. Nandini immediately lowered her eyelids, not being able to look Manik into the eye. Manik looked amused at it, keeping it behind he walked towards her and stood as close as possible to her. His hand crept onto her cheeks and his thumb rubbed her cheek. "Tell me Nandini, what is making you guilty? I am here to remove all your guilt", once again that innocence in his eyes melted Nandini. She had to do it, even if it means Manik getting away from her.

She took a deep breath to prepare herself and then began after her fingers entwined with his. It scared Manik a bit but he was prepared. "Manik, it's my past", she spoke meekly. "You told us that day Nandini. I remember", Manik replied looking at her, "That was not it Manik. There is a lot to it", she spoke slowly. Manik nodded asking her continue. Nandini looked at his face and saw hurt flash in his eyes but he masked it with a smile. This was just the begining maybe in the end this hurt won't be masked.

"I have a dark past Manik. A past which haunts me till today. A past which took me nine years to overcome. I may have left everything behind and not be in touch with it but, I can not forget the mistakes I made in my past. Those mistakes... specially what I did to my Amma are the reason behind my guilt. Those thoughts, those scenarios and those voices make me guilty. In reality, in my dreams, everywhere Manik", Nandini cried out.

"Nandini what is in your past that is so dark? What is it?", asked Manik. He was getting scared seeing Nandini like that. He has always seen an iron Nandini in front of him. He was agonized seeing her in such a guilty state. He immediately took her in his embrace. "I am not what I appear to be Manik", she closed her eyes because she just did not want to see him

"Have you heard about the Alpha Zee?", Nandini asked Manik. He thought for a while as the name was a bit familiar. "If i am not wrong it was am infamous Mafia group which dealt in smuggling and large scale thefts. It was headed by someone named...um...it was something from Z", Manik stated not getting the name of the leader. He was getting restless thinking about what would Nandini's past be. 

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें