7. An Eventful Evening

|| Understand me.
I am not like an ordinary world.
I have my madness ||

🔹🔹🔹

The St. Regis, Mumbai

A reckless Aryaman wandered along the length of the corridor, immersed in his own thoughts. To be precise, those were not thoughts but he was trying to muster up his courage to go and knock on Nandini's door. The plan that he layed was successful, as it seemed to the eye but when it's Nandini who is involved one can never be sure that it has worked.

What it looked to Aryaman was that she hasn't understood that it was his doing, yet he had his apprehensions regarding the effect. He still took a chance and knocked on the presidential suit of the hotel, which was Nandini's room for the day.

He knocked once, he knocked twice, yet there was no reply from her. Nandini not replying at once was a bit of a surprise but, their life recently has been like that.

Unexpected and unprecedented. Full of surprises.

Aryaman entered still, peeping his head in and not founding anyone in there. He had almost decided upon returning and launching a search for Nandini, but there was a flutter of cloth and a rustle of heels which made him stop and look around, with extra focus.

There, just near the window, stood Nandini in a cream white dress, almost submerged into the white of the curtain, making herself as good as invisible. “Nandini?”, he called out, unsure of his vision.

As if woken from a trance, Nandini looked at Aryaman with saucer like eyes. “Arya?”, she was in too much in rawness to settle herself. “Are you okay?”, the concerned and questioning eyes of Aryaman made her cover herself vulnerability quickly. “Yeah...yeah... I was just wearing these”, she put forth her hands which had golden hoops.

“Oh!”, even though Aryaman was sure that there was more to it, he knew it wasn't the right time

“Oh!”, even though Aryaman was sure that there was more to it, he knew it wasn't the right time. He had been treading on thin ice with the plan he enacted, and he in no mean, wanted to shovel a hole for himself.

“Then let's get the show on road”, he exclaimed, circling his arms around Nandini's neck. If there is someone in the world who can do this with THE Nandini Murthy, it's only him. Nandini too didn't mind, instead gave him a small laugh, noticing him dressed up for the event too, “Yeah, let's do it”.