chapter 16 : Preparations

A week had passed since Nandini had a meeting with Mukti. Today was her engagement. Mukti was very particular with all the arrangements. She herself was a renowned interior designer and didn't want any mistake for her special day. Mukti and Abhi had decided to keep themes for their functions. Today's theme was " ETHNIC AT ITS BEST". Everyone had to wear ethnic clothes be it lehenga or a Saree. The ceremony was to be held at TRIDENT Bandra Kula. The banquet hall was decorate with multi colour but still the dominant amongst it was blue which was both Mukti and Abhi's favourite colour.

*3 hrs before the ceremony Mukti's room *

Mukti abhi and everyone were sitting in Mukti's room where Nandini had asked them to assemble so she could show them their dresses. Mukti's dress was to be kept as a surprise for abhi.
Mu: Yaar Manik kaha reh gayi Nandini
M: Aa rahi hogi BHABHI
mu: Yaar tu toh Bhabhi mat bula i feel like an oldie aunty
M: shaadi ke baad tu aunty ji toh hogi hi.
Mukti punched his abdomen while Manik laughed.
Ab: Aye Manik chup kar. Meri wife will always be sexyyy.
Mukti smiled through tension and kept her hand on Abhi's thighs and smiled gracefully at him. Abhi kept his hands on her shoulder and kissed her temple.
M: oye tum dono baas karo, mai innocent sa baccha yah sab nahi dekh sakta.
Both of them glared at him . Mukti was getting anxious minute by minute. Abhi too tried cooling her down but the anxiety had taken over.

There was knock at the door and came in Nandini. Nandini's face showed signs of tiredness and fatigue. Indeed she has worked hard to keep her promise of giving her the best dresses. Manik immediately understood her tiredness and gave his place on the bed to Nandini. He looked into her eyes and by gestures asked her to sit. She was grateful of him and without saying a word more occupied his place. She looked at him with a sense of pride in her. She was honoured to be associated with him.

After 10 mins of rest, she turned to look at Mukti who was waiting with bated breaths to see her dress. Nandini smiled and stood up in the middle of the room.
N: Mutki i know you're very excited to see your dress but I even remember that you don't want Abhimanyu to see it right now so first lets kick these people out.

She handed both Manik and Abhi few packets and asked them to go and get ready.
Now only she Nyonika and Mukti were left. Nandini first went to Nyonika and with a serene smile handed the packet to her.
"Aunty, this is one piece of mine which took 40 man hours to complete i hope you'll like it as much as me and my workers have put in the efforts of make it". Nyonika took the packet and excitedly walked out of her room and said ," Nandini beta I'll get ready and come. Can't wait to wear. " Nandini looked at Nyonika's child like behaviour and thought ," Manik has got his behavior from his mother. "
Mu: She's like that only.
Nandini came out of her thoughts listening to Mukti. She smiled and said, " both mom and son are like this ."
Mukti laughed and said, " you're right Nandini Manik is like mom but Abhi is like Dad. "
Something struck her and she asked ," Mukti can I ask you something ?"
Mu: "Yeah sure Nandini ask. "
N: Where is Manik's dad? I have just heard a little about him from you. Aren't they close to him?
Mu : No Nandini it's not like this. They both love him , it's just that he's been away for quite a long time, almost 6 months now because of some professional commitments. Anyways he's coming today. He has landed he'll be there soon.
Satisfied with her answer, Nandini said
"let's not waste time mukti i gotta get you ready " "Yaayyy" squealed Mukti. Nandini took out her dress on a hanger and looked at Mukti for her reactions.

Mukti gaped in awe. The dress was sheer brilliance. The colour was exactly the one which she wanted. The full sleeve blouse was exactly what she had wanted. It was neither very heavy nor very light. It was the perfect combination of heavy and light. Mukti beamed with delight , it took away the burden from Nandini's shoulders. Usually Nandini is never nervous before showing her work to anyone but today she felt a pang of nervousness in her. She wasn't sure why she felt that. She gave all the instructions to the make up artists and finalized her look and then went away to look at others.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें