Chapter 26: I Am With You

P. S. A special thanks to alone_but_cool for giving me the name of the evil. I wasn't able to think of a name but reading her comment i decided to name her Soha only.

*unedited*

Nandini was shocked hearing Manik's story. She could feel what Manik must have felt. Imagining him helpless sitting on his knees was giving her goosebumps. Manik had stopped mid way because his voice was too coarse to even say something. Nandini really wanted to know what did Manik do. To give her support to Manik and tell him that she's there , she entwined her fingers with Manik's and held his palm as tightly as she could.
Manik, who just moments before wasn't able to speak was now glowing with Nandini's touch. He was drowning in her touch. Her hands, her touch had that healing power which Manik desperately needed at that time.
N: You wanna continue? It's totally fine if you don't want to.
M: No Nandini. Let me speak, for the first time I'm speaking about this to anyone else than Cabir and Navya.
She lightly pressed the back of his hand, giving him the much needed push.

*flash back continues*

Manik was staring at those papers mindlessly. Soha broke his chain of thoughts.
S : You don't have much time Manik.
M: What do you want me to do?
S : Nothing Manik. Just be mine. I love you. I wanna marry you and settle down with you.
M: That's not happening soha.
S : Well then you and your family are coming on the streets. Imagine their state Manik. Your mother father Abhi Amayra all on street begging. All because of you Manik. Just sign this contract. (gives him a file) and save them all.
Manik opened the file only to see a legal document in it. It had all the things Soha wanted him to do.
It stated that Manik will announce Soha as his fiancee and marry her in a time period of a month. In return Soha will make sure that his family is well looked after. The contract has to remain between Soha and Manik. If Manik tries to tell anyone about it or forfeits any of the clauses then Soha at her will can claim the stakes on Malhotra empire and everything that's under their possession.
So: We'll have our happily ever after Manik..
Manik was shattered. He had absolutely no idea what to do so he did what his grandmom used to ask him to do when he was in confusion. He closed his eyes and asked his soul to show him the way. His soul helped. He just remembered her mother's words. "Have courage to do what your heart tells is the best way. " At that exact moment he knew what he had to do. He was just confused about one thing . Why did Abhi sign these papers passing the ownership to her? He knew there was a loophole and he has to find it and if it's true then he has to live with it. He got up bravely and putting up a mask said that he's ready but just for his family.
S : Really Manik?
She came running and hugged him (ewww right 😛)
Manik jerked her right away and said
," I being your boyfriend doesn't mean that you'll do what you want.
She just rolled her eyes because her happiness was way beyond that.
S: Sign the contract Manik.
Manik heaving a hopeless sigh signed the contract. He was determined to find the loophole.

The same day in the evening Soha had asked everyone near to the Malhotra's to gather at the mansion. Soha wanted Manik to announce her as his fiancee.
M: Why can't you do it?
S: They'll believe you more Manik baby.
M: SOHAA I AM NOT YOUR FU****G BABY! DON'T YOU DARE BABY ME AGAIN.
She didn't react to it and said
S : Let's go Manik everyone is waiting for us.

Manik knew what he was going to do will break Abhi's heart badly but he had no choice. He knew his relations with him will no longer remain the same. Abhi would no longer irritate him fight with him help him when he's confused. Manik was going to loose a mentor a friend and a guide and maybe all those whom he ever loved just for their happiness.

He strode down with Soha following him. He heard his mother teasing Abhi with Soha's name. Amayra and his father laughing. All their friends smiling. In short, today Manik was going to lose his peace forever. He was wishing that he finds the loophole soon and if there wasn't any then he was ready to sacrifice himself for his family.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें