Private Time

Karmen smiled to herself, but refocused on where Robert was taking her. While he was walking, she looked around at Robert’s house. It was so beautiful and so cozy; she just loved the areas she saw.

Robert took her to this private room far away from the front door. He sat her down and then left out the room. Karmen was so confused, but waited patiently for him to come back. He came back with a pocketknife in his hands. He pulled up a chair and sat in front of Karmen.

“Karmen, now don’t be scared okay. I just want to do an experiment.”

“What is the knife for?!”

“That is part of the experiment.”

“ARE YOU NUTS! WHY ARE YOU GOING TO CUT ME! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?!”

“Calm down, Karmen. I am not going to cut you. I am going to cut myself, but I need you to observe the wounds okay.”

“Robert, you are not going to cut yourself. I won’t let you.”

“It is okay. I will be all right.”

“Please be careful. Now, what do you want me to do?”

“When I cut myself, I need you to observe how the wound heals.”

“Okay…”

Robert opened the knife and sliced his wrist. The incision was between two veins. Karmen was scared out her mind but continued to watch the cut. It was healing; and healing fast. She was amazed, but also really grossed out at the same time. The cut healed in less than two minutes.

“Isn’t that cool?”

“Sure, Robert. You heal really fast.”

“The strange part is that I didn’t even feel it.”

“I wonder how fast I would heal.”

“Do you want to try it?”

“You won’t hurt me right.”

“I would never hurt you Karmen.”

“Well okay.” Karmen said, while extending her arm towards Robert.

Robert cut her wrist and watched how it healed and he was amazed too. When he was cutting her, the wound was healing. As soon as he removed the blade, the wound was completely healed.

“And you thought I healed fast.”

“That was cool. Try cutting my whole arm now.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

Robert hesitated. And Karmen took the blade from him.

“It’s okay. I’ll do it. I know you just said you would never hurt me. Thanks for being honest and trustworthy.”

Karmen cut her arm, but then went along a vein. She started screaming and crying and Robert started freaking out. He removed the blade and rushed out the room to find bandages. When he came back, Karmen had stopped crying and screaming but was bleeding a lot. He cleaned the wound and wrapped the bandages on her arm. Once Robert was done, Karmen looked up at him and noticed how he looked like he was about to burst out into tears, but he held them inside. Karmen pulled him into her arms and laid his head on her chest. She told him to just let the tears out and to calm down.

“Robert, it’s not your fault. Go ahead and cry. It’s going to be alright. Nathan won’t know our little secret okay.”

“It is my fault. I let you do that to yourself. I showed you how I did it and now you are hurt. I should have never showed you. Then none of this ever would have happened. Nathan is going to kill me.”