The Gift

During that and the next week, Nathan went through his bloodlust stage. He was relieved that he didn’t crave meat all the time, but every once in a while he would crave some ribs or chicken. That day, Nathan went to his first surgical appointment, while Karmen stayed home with the babies. Karmen then put the babies to sleep, but shortly after, she got lonely. She called Robert.

“Hello?”

“Hi.”

“Oh hi, Karmen! How are you?”

“Good actually. How about you?”

“I’m very happy, now that you called.”

“That’s very sweet.”

“Is something wrong? You seem kind of down?”

“Well… um. I just wanted someone to talk to?”

“Do you want me to come over?”

“Only if you want to.”

“I’ll be over in a little bit.”

“Thanks.”

“Anything for you, Karmen.”

Karmen hung up, and then looked around to see if she could clean something up, but everything was spotless. She then decided to go thank her maid, but she couldn’t find her. She gave up searching for her and then started planning birthday plans for Nathan until Robert came.

About 10 minutes later, the door bell rang. Karmen opened it and greeted Robert as she welcomed him in. Robert gave her a good bear hug and then Karmen took his jacket to hang it up in the closet. Robert sat down on the couch and noticed the abundance of papers on the table. He started reading and straightening them. He saw that they were party plans for Nathan. A few minutes later Karmen walked back in the living room and sat by Robert.

“I see that you found the party plans.”

“Yeah, they look awesome, but very expensive.”

“It is okay. I have the money already accounted for in one of my accounts.”

“Wait a minute. One of… Exactly how many accounts do you have?”

“Well I have 9 accounts total.”

Robert just looked at her with wide eyes and then snapped out of the trance and asked, “How do you keep up with all of them? How do you remember all of the access codes?”

“It is very simple when you know the secret of them. It is just a trick of numbers.”

“Oh. Okay. That’s, well, amazing. I wish I had the money to have all of that.”

Karmen laughed. “You do have the money,” She laughed again. “You just don’t know it yet.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’ll see. Oh and don’t tell Nathan about it. He wouldn’t give you an answer, since he doesn’t know about all of them.”

“Okay… Anyway, do you need any help with this party plan?”

“Actually I do. Do you want to help?”

“Yes.” He said, as he smiled and looked at Karmen.

Karmen got her laptop and showed Robert how to make a blueprint of the room. He listened carefully and took notes as she continued. He asked several questions and she answered them clearly with every detail she could possibly say. He worked hard and so did Karmen. They didn’t even notice how time flew by until they heard the alarm beep; saying someone was opening the garage. Karmen hurriedly put the papers in a neat stack and put them in a folder. Robert saved his work and closed the laptop. He helped Karmen gather the papers. In the nick of time, there wasn’t any visible evidence when Nathan walked in the room. Karmen and Robert had engaged in a conversation and played their innocence very well.

Unexpected Love (EDITING!)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें