Skye

In this moment, Skye wasn't sure what she was going to think or feel. At one hand, she didn't really want to May and Fitz to leave, but she knew that if she went with them; there wouldn't be any time for her to properly rest. Not to mention all the questions Coulson would be asking at every given moment. On the other hand, she was curious about staying at the tower; or at least to see all the weird stuff the group would do once May wasn't around to make sure none of them were doing something she would call stupid when she was around.

May had decided that it would be for the best if she and Fitz stayed a week, just to make sure she was doing alright. Skye herself thinks May is doing it so she could come up with a proper reason as to why she and Fitz are returning without her, Fitz had after all told her all about the phone call May had done when she was in the operation room. At least Coulson had left a big loophole for them to use, not that he was aware of it now. Skye knew that May was going to use this, she was however wondering if she should just tell her SO to speak the truth once she meets with Coulson once more.

That would however lead to Coulson wanting to find her and then things will get even more complicated, the Avengers are still being kept in the dark about Coulson being alive and that wasn't really fear. They are being forced to hide a S.H.I.E.L.D agent who works for the man that brought them all together, a man they have missed ever since the battle of New York.

Hearing someone knock on the door to her room, a room that was far too big for just her, Skye pulls her legs towards her and hugs them.

"It's open!"

She calls out, knowing that it would either be May or Fitz showing up once more. When the door opens and it's Maria's head that investigates the room; Skye lowers her legs down once more, mostly out of surprise.

"I see that you haven't been able to follow orders."

The former agents point out before entering the room and Skye rolls her eyes. May had told her to try and sleep, the more sleep she could get the better it was for her. Or rather, that was May's idea of it all. She on the other hand was no longer tired, not after all the sleep she had been forced into during this week and she knew she would sleep when the time was right. Besides, May and Fitz are packing up their things in the rooms they had been staying in and they would soon leave anyway, and Skye wanted to be awake to say goodbye properly at least.

"Not tired."

Was the only answer she gave Maria who nods her head. The former deputy director moves towards the chair that had been permanently placed beside her bed and sits down. Somehow, Skye got a bad feeling about this, throughout the week; she had heard some stories about every single one of the inhabits of Avengers tower and she had after all meet Maria before. She knew just how scary the agent could be when she put on that side.

"And by the look of it, a lot of things going through your mind at the moment too."

And she is just as good as May when it comes to reading people, with a heavy sigh, Skye leans her head back towards the wall.

"I'm starting to question if I should just tell May that it would be for everyone's good that she tells Coulson what has happen, why I'm not with her and Fitz when they return back to base today. But if she tells him that they had to take me to the hospital and that they then left me at a safe place to rest, he will demand to know where I am and if I know him right; he will rush over here the moment he learns."

"Sounds like something he would do yes."

"I wouldn't really go against him; the only problem is..."

"The only once that knows he is alive is the two of us, May and Fitz."

Skye was quite happy she didn't have to finish what she had started to say, turning her attention towards Maria; she could see how she had fallen into her own mind for the moment. This wasn't what Skye had in mind, but at least she wasn't the only one trying to figure out what to do with all of this.

"Knowing May, she already has a plan figured out for what will be said once she and Fitz returns. I think it's for Coulson's best if he isn't told about this, not now at least. He already has too much on his plate, building up an organization like S.H.I.E.L.D takes a lot and we both know he would drop it all to make sure you are alright."

Skye nods her head; Maria was right about that. He had really gone up and above to get her back from Ward after all.

"It will give us time to try and figure out if we should tell the Avengers the full truth or not."

"For the long run, I think we should tell them. Fitz will be calling a lot and I have a strong feeling the others will to sooner or later. Not to mention, Stark, Natasha and Clint have been trying to get me to tell them some funny stories and most of them involves Coulson. The only reason I haven't been able to tell any so far is because May has managed to show up just in time every time."

"So, we wait until May and Fitz has left to figure out what our next move will be?"

"Sounds like a brilliant plan."

"What is a brilliant plan?"

At the sound of May's voice, both Skye and Maria jump slightly. Turning their attention towards the door, they could see that both May and Fitz are standing there. May's arms crossed as she looks at the two of them with narrowed eyes. Swallowing down the worry that had risen within Skye, she tries to smile as sweetly as possible. She knows however that this is something that doesn't work on her former SO, the fact that she is even trying the move means that she has already lost.