Leo Fitz

The moment his bedroom door closes behind him, his phone starts to ring. Rolling his eyes, Leo takes out his phone to see that it is indeed Tony calling him. Moving over to his desk, he sits down before even thinking about answering the phone, letting Tony feel a bit of his own medicine.

"Stark, I heard you locked yourself into the lab with Skye."

"You're the one that gave Maria the idea to call, didn't you?"

"Well, she did say that Pepper have tried to get the two of you out but failed. And I do have a few things I would like to over with the new suite."

Leo tells him, turning towards his computer and opens the program Stark had sent him a while back. Just to make it easier for both of them to work on the suite, the over ridiculous complicated suite.

"New ideas or have you managed to find a way to fix the once we have already come across?"

Leo can hear how Stark has started to work on his end of the call, not sure if he wants to know what he's already working on. The only thing he can hope is that he's at least trying to come up with a way to fix one of their many problems. How they have managed to find this many problems this fast is a mystery to him, especially when Stark had done so many suites already. How he had managed to do the others is beyond him.

"Sadly..."

He starts to say before he hears Stark let out a heavy sigh on the other, making Leo roll his eyes.

"Just don't finish that, we need good news!"

"Not my fault that Maria needed help to get you and Daisy out of the lab."

"Why didn't she just send Pepper like she always does?"

Tony asks and Leo can hear the complete surprise in his voice at this time, making Leo roll his eyes. He knows just how deep Tony could get into his work, he had experienced it first-hand after all and it had turned out he is just the same.

"According to Maria, she did. But neither of you listen to her."

"Oh shit!"

Leo can't help but to laugh slightly at the horror in the other man's voice in that moment.

"Just go! I would recommend a get away just the two of you."

Leo tells him before ending the call, making sure Stark doesn't think to much about it. Looking at his phone, he decides to send away a quick message Maria, telling him that he has managed to get rid of Stark so they will have nice and calm evening. Putting down his phone, he turns his attention towards the computer screen once more, he better try and figure out a few of the problems since he already has the program up and running.

And he has done it too, at some point he had gotten lost in the work and is only pulled out as someone is knocking hard on his door. Quickly closing the laptop, he turns towards his door, wondering who would be knocking.

"Yes?"

He calls out as a respond. Seeing the door slowly opening, he leans to the side to see Jemma look into the room, a hint of worry in her eyes.

"Aren't you going to come and eat?"

Looking at her out of confusion, Leo turns to look at the time, eyes growing when he sees exactly how late it is. Lowering his head in defeat and let's out a dry laugh. The only thing he can hope for now is that Stark will never find out about this, he would never hear the end of it if he does. Feeling Jemma's eyes on him, Leo turns to look at his long-time partner before rising from his chair.

"Sorry, I guess I got caught up in my work. Some food would probably do me some good."

He tells her, grabbing hold of his phone before joining Jemma at the door opening. Looking at his phone, he can see a few missing calls and texts. Most of them were from the team, asking where he is, but there's also two from Maria and Skye.

"What are you even working on? You have been spending a lot of time in your room lately."

Jemma asks, making Leo return to the here and now, he could check the texts later on.

"Something that might be able to help Skye in her mission, that's all. However, it seems to be a harder work than I have first thought, but I'll get through at some point."

He tells her, hopping that if he says the work is for Skye's secret mission, Jemma will stop asking questions about it. He can see that she does want to ask more question, but she keeps quiet none the less. As they reach the kitchen, Leo sees that they are the last to enter.

"Hey! There he is! Did you managed to lock yourself up or something?"

Hunter asks, only for Bobbi to hit him. Rolling his eyes, Leo heads for his seat and Jemma sends Hunter a quick glare. The hit triggered the everyday argument between Bobbi and Hunter, turning things back to normal around the base. Feeling a pair of eyes on him, Leo looks up to expect it to be Jemma looking at him once more, only to see her listening into the argument. Turning his head, he sees that it's May this time around.

With a small nod of his head, May turns her attention back to her food and he does the same. Taking out his phone a few minutes later, he opens the texts from Maria and Skye, smiling when he reads them. Maria thanks him for somehow managed to get rid of Stark for the evening. Skye is giving him a longer version of what had been going on and how mad Pepper had been about it all. At least she had agreed on a night out with him alone.

Sometimes he wishes he could spend time at the tower himself, just so he could see every single crazy thing Skye gets pulled into. But he also knows that she needs the time to heal so that she can return here, making the team complete once more and he could have someone to actually talk to about his different works that actually knows what he's talking about.