Leo Fitz

He really hates seeing her like this, he had hoped he would never have too seen this sight once more. He had wished never to see her in this state after she had been shot by Quinn. With a shake of his head, he had to tell himself that this was different, this she had not been shoot in the stomach twice. Fitz was sitting beside her bed, holding onto her hand. May placed herself beside the door the moment they had entered the room. The had been moved to the room once Skye's operation was over and they were now waiting for her to wake up and for the doctor to come.

There had been silence between the two of them since May had returned from making her calls, Fitz had ended up passing around for a while; only to stop when May had asked him in a weak voice. The fact that she had not ordered him to sit down and just said his name had made Fitz sit down in a heartbeat. As the door starts to open, Fitz can see how May tenses up and Fitz keeps still. A man enters the room and closes the door behind him the moment he was inside.

"Agent May."

His tone was short and to the point and May nods her head as a greeting. The man walks past her and towards the bed to check on Skye, Fitz made sure to keep his eyes on the man as he moved.

"Normally, I wouldn't take on an operation with such little notice and with that little information; however..."

The man starts to say, turning his attention now towards May.

"Your mother didn't give me a saying in the matter."

He then adds and Fitz was quite sure he could see May roll her eyes.

"How is she doing Dr Strange?"

May then asks, changing the subject about her mother. Fitz zones them out after that, turning his attention back to Skye once more. He knew he should probably listen to what they have to say but at this moment he didn't really care. Hearing the door open and close a few minutes later makes him turn his attention back to May, she was now moving towards him and Skye; taking over the second chair beside the bed.

"In short, everything looks good. All we can do now is wait for her to wake up."

May tells him, he wasn't all to surprise that she had thought he wasn't listening to what had gone down at all. He just nods his head as an answer and silence fell once more. As the time past on, Fitz couldn't help but to grow more and more worried. He knew he should have faith in what Dr Strange had told them, but it was quite hard to see Skye so still and quiet. It wasn't like her to be this silent; not even this still; he knew she couldn't control that this moment.

"Don't you think we should wake him up?"

"We probably should."

"Can you hand me that water bottle?"

"Don't... even... think... about... it."

His back was hurting as he tried to sit up properly once more, leaning forwards when sleeping wasn't the best way to sleep. It wasn't the first time he would fall asleep in the lab like that anyway; and it would be the first time Skye would use water to wake him up. At the thought of Skye, he freezes up; memories of what had been going down returned in full force and Fitz finds himself sitting right up; something that didn't make his already aching back better.

"Skye?"

She was sitting up in her bed, smiling towards him. She still looked tired, and he knew that once she was off the pain medication she would not be smiling in that way. He also knew she wasn't going to be happy about what had to be done with her hair. Glancing over to May, he could see that she was happy to see that Skye was awake, but he could also see that she was starting to get restless and worried. They had been staying at the hospital long enough and every moment was precious, they were after all being haunted by Hydra.

"We should be moving, Dr Strange has given me the clear to move you and I suggest that we do not stay here longer than we need too."

May tells them, her eyes on Skye as she spoke. She and Fitz nods their heads and as Fitz rises from his chair; May helps Skye out of her bed. At least they had made sure to change her clothes so she would leave the hospital in those gowns. Once the former hacktivist was on her feet, May hands her over to Fitz as she herself makes sure the hallway is clear.

They moved slowly and steady down to the parking lot, Fitz being very happy that nothing out of the ordinary happened. He did however hear May mumbling something about agents being poorly dressed for undercover work and that she would need to have a talk with her mother about just that. Reaching the car, Fitz helps Skye into the back seat before entering himself.

"Stay low."

May orders as she puts the car into drive. Fitz had almost expected her to speed drive to the Avengers; but seeing how May was following the law and taking what felt like many wrong turns he realized what she was doing, and he could see that Skye did the same. The young agent was looking over her shoulder from time to time; it looked like she almost expected that they were being followed.

"I think we are clear."

She points out after a while and May nods her head; she does however take a few more wrong turns before she heads for the tower. As they were getting closer to the tower, Fitz couldn't help to feel quite small. They had done quite a good work restoring the large tower after the battle of New York at least. May parked the car as close as she could get to the doors and then helped Skye out. They moved to the door as fast as they could and once inside, May scanned the room.

"Can I help you with something?"

A woman voice asked, turning his head to the side he could see her sitting behind the front desk.

"Maria Hill is expecting us. The name is Melinda May."

May answered, the woman looks down on what seems to be visitor list before nodding her head towards the elevator.

"You can head right up."

She tells them, and May nods her head once more. The doors to their right opens and they move slowly inside. The ride up was a silent one and Fitz could feel the worry from Skye, glancing over at May; he could see that she had drained herself from all emotions once more. He tried to prepare himself for what was about to happen; what he saw the moment the elevator doors open was something he would never have thought of seeing.