Skye

The sight that greeted them was one of complete chaos. When she had thought about meeting some of her heroes, she had thought it would be under different circumstances and she would not have pictured the group acting like a group of children. Because according to Coulson, food fight is something small children do. Glancing past May to look at Fitz, Skye could see the same thing going through his mind. Once all of this was over, they would tell Coulson that grownups can have food fights too.

"Yeah, I have been trying to stop them all day."

Skye jumps slightly, she had completely missed the fact that Maria Hill was standing right beside the elevator doors, her arms crossed and her eyes still on the grown-up children. Skye had only met the former S.H.I.E.L.D agent, when she had helped the rest of the team rescuing her from Ward, she couldn't help but feeling a bit calm to have her around now. Seeing how May steps out from the elevator to stand beside Maria, Skye looks towards Fitz once more before they step after May; making sure they are hiding behind her since they have no idea of what to do now.

They were soon to learn exactly what would happen as May lifts one hand to her mouth and whistles hard. The reaction from the Avengers was instant as all five of them comes to a complete halt and heads turning towards them. This action had Skye taking a step closer to Fitz once more, she knew she should not be worried about this group; she knew May wouldn't leave her with people she didn't trust. Blame it on the pain killers she was on in that moment to play with her very own nerves about what is going on.

"Mel? What are you doing here?"

The only female in the group asked and Skye knew it every well belonged to Natasha Romanoff, the fact that the Black Widow is calling her SO Mel was something that made Skye look up. Seeing how May grow tense at the nickname, Skye already knew May had figured out what was going through her very own mind. She was not however going to go through with that plan anytime soon however, that would just be too cruel, and it would be more fun to say it when the rest of the team was around to hear it.

"I'm here to cash in on the favor you and Clint owns me."

May answers shortly, she was back to using the same tone she had been using when Skye had first joined the BUS; hearing it pulled out memories of all the mistakes she had done during that time. The sudden activity made her head hurt even more and she step back, Fitz; standing as close to her as he was, managed to grab hold of her to keep her standing. Looking at her close friend, she was quite sure that if they had not been standing face to face with the Avengers in that moment; he would have told May about my sudden burst of pain. Putting on of her hands on his, she squeezes it as a sign of gratitude, and she could see how Fitz just nods his head in respond.

"Wouldn't it have been easier if you just called us to meet up somewhere?"

Natasha spoke once more, and Skye could hear that is now moving closer towards them now. But before May has a chance to answer the question, a door to the side opens. Looking past Fitz, Skye's eyes lands on who she knows is Pepper Potts. The CEO of Stark Industries was reading on a tablet as she entered.

"Maria, any special reason as to why there has been an increase in..."

Pepper had not taken any notice about what is going on until she steps on the food that had been thrown around just a couple of minutes earlier. Skye could see anger building up in the woman and she carefully tries to shrink back behind Fitz, but she could not help but keep looking. She had after all heard quite a few things from Coulson about this woman. As Pepper lifts her head and is about to question what had been going on when she was gone, her eyes lands on Skye, Fitz and May and they narrow slightly. Skye puts on an innocent smile and waves slightly, however; something most have shown in her face as Pepper's expression suddenly changes into worry.

"Are you alright?"

The question was out and within seconds, May has turn around to look at her. Swallowing hard, Skye moves her eyes to look at May and she knew there was no need in trying to lie about her being alright.

"Sit down!"

The order was clear and there wasn't anything Skye could really do as Fitz makes sure she sits down; her back towards the wall. Putting down the bag she had been carrying with her, May starts to go through it before she pulls out a small container that Skye knew contained her pain killers and a bottle of water. Taking out the number of pills she had been descripted for each time; May hands them to Skye with the water and a stern look. Taking the pills and the water, she swallows them down easily.

"Why didn't you tell me the effects was staring to fade?"

The question wasn't only directed towards her, it may have seemed that May had been talking to Skye in that moment; but her eyes were on Fitz. Looking at one another, the two former agents knew there was no chance they could get out of this without any help.

"What is going on?"

Natasha, once more. The whole group had now moved forwards and they were all looking over May's shoulder to look at her and Fitz. Skye couldn't help feeling like a small child again, it was the same feeling she used to have back at the orphanage when the nuns had thought she had done something bad; even if she was mostly framed or tried to stand up for some of the younger kids. By now Skye knew that this was nothing like that, but once more; the pain killers were really messing with her defenses right now and she had to fight hard not to crawl away and hide behind Fitz. If she were to survive living with the group when she was healing up properly from the operation; she had to show that she could handle what was going thrown at her.

"This is the reason as to why you called me and made sure there was a room properly prepared for a medical..."

Maria had started to ask, only to trail of when May shoots her a warning look. The atmosphere was loaded now, and Skye was starting to slowly feel the effects of the pain killers. Looking from Maria and May, she could see a silent conversation going on and Maria soon turns her attention towards Pepper. The CEO had put the tablet under her arm and only nods her head as an answer to the silent question.

"Go with Pepper."

May order Skye and Fitz, with a look at her SO; Skye knew there was nothing she could do or say to convince her that she should stay. When she thought about it, she wasn't completely sure she wanted to stay in the room and hear when May told everyone about what is going on. It was enough to have first-hand experience with it after all. Looking at Fitz, he took the hint and helped her up to her feet once more and Skye leans on him for support. May lifts the bag from the floor and hands it over to Pepper, there was a clear warning in her eyes. Pepper didn't seem to take any notice to the warning as she calls for the elevator and lets her and Fitz enters first. Looking at May, the last thing Skye sees before the door closes is a small nod of May's head and her ghost smile.