Blackmail, Two Phonecalls, A Dilemma and An Impossible Choice

This is my absolute favourite thing I've written so far. I started writing it a few weeks back with my plan to write a novel and try my luck at professional writing. I want to share it with others, both because I love it so much and because other people's opinions are important to me.

A lot of the first of this will come in fast because I have already written so much of it :)

It will start off slow, but I've packed some drama in early on to get the blood going. I love teacher-student relationships and that is where this is heading. It'll get good, I promise.

Let me know what you think. Vote, comment, etcetera. Please don't be mean, this is my baby.

xXx

====================================================================

Chapter One:

BEING A TEENAGER ISN'T EASY.

But dealing with a pre-pubescent brother is so much harder. I'd take teenage drama over fresh hormones any day.

"Get out of my room, weasel!" I screamed at my little brother. "Get out!"

He had run out my door the second I had come out of my bathroom. I chased Donovan with my towel wrapped around me and my long blonde hair in a wet, tangled mess. A silent threat hung in the air, a whack on the back of Donovan's head if he didn't clear off fast enough.

I had no idea why he was in my bedroom or what he was doing, but that didn't matter. There was this thing called privacy and I liked it to be respected. I didn't have anything to hide - except my secret pot stash hidden inside 'War and Peace', not that he'd have any interest in that - but, it was a matter of principle.

 He was a fast little bugger, so he made it into his room and shut the door before I could hit him.

"Ugh," I groaned. Stomping my foot, I turned back down the hall to retreat into my room. I'd try to hit him again, after I was dressed. But before I could get to my room, Donovan called out to me.

"Anna Banana," he said, all sing-songy. God, I hated it when people called me that. Whoever came up with that nickname should be shot. I didn't turn to face him, so I just stood in the middle of the hallway. I stared at the ceiling.

"Look what I have." I span around to see why he sounded so smug.

Crap. He had the pot.

"You little shit!" I walked up to him, trying to snatch the pot from his grubby hands.

"Uh-ah-ah. Not so fast, sis."Great. I knew where this was going. The bastard was going to blackmail me. For a fourteen year old, my brother was a crafty son of a bitch. I crossed my arms and sighed. I wanted to get this over with.

"Fine. What do you want?" The smug brat smiled at me. I just wanted to pull his shirt over his head, push him inside his room and somehow lock him in there for all eternity. But considering he was the one with the leverage, I figured that wasn't such a good idea. Hopefully, he wasn't blackmailing me for something too severe.

He brought his fingers to his chin, stroking it like he was some kind of evil mastermind. "Let's see," he dragged it out. Oh, Jesus.

"Make it snappy, Donovan. I haven't got all day." I was getting ready for a party tonight when Donovan had decided to play espionage.