Part 26

Everyone wished each other good night and made their way to their rooms. Mira gave Sumedh a teasing look and then fled to her room before Sumedh could tackle her. Sumedh opened the door for Mallika and they both stepped inside. "Ummm so which side do you usually sleep on?" Mallika asked, trying to break the silence.

"Arey no no no. You can have the bed to yourself. I can just sleep on the ground," Sumedh replied, trying to make Mallika as comfortable as possible. Mallika just looked at him astonished.

"Tum rapist ho? (Are you a rapist?)"

"What?!"

"Serial killer ho jo ladkio ko neend mein maarta hai? (A serial killer who kills girls in their sleep?)"

"Tum yeh kya keh rahi ho?! (What are you saying?!)"

"Neend mein lat marte ho? (Do you kick in your sleep?)"

"Nahi toh! (No!)"

"Toh phir ground pe sone ki baat q kar rahe ho? (Then why are you talking of sleeping on the ground?)"

"Miku. Did I ever mention the fact about how you are so weird sometimes?"

"Nope. And plus, I trust you Sumedh. So believe me, I am fine and comfortable with you sleeping in the same bed as me. OK?"

"Ok fine. But you can't blame me if I do something in my sleep!"

"What is that supposed to mean?!"

"Hmm nothing..." he smiled. Mallika raised her eyebrow and laughed.

They both changed into their night wear and got ready to sleep. "Ok so imma ask again? Which side do you prefer?," Mallika asked.

"I don't really care," replied Sumedh, still making the effort to make Mallika feel as comfortable as possible.

"Ok so I usually sleep on the right side. That cool?"

"Yup. After shaadi I guess this is how it's gonna be. Might as well get used to it. (mumbling under his breath)"

"What! Did you say something?" Mallika asked, thinking she heard him say something.

"Uhh n-no. Umm let's sleep now, I'm super tired."

With that, they fell into deep sleep.

*Morning 6 am*

Sumedh and Mallika were still fast asleep. Both of them were not conscious of each other. Sumedh turned in his sleep to feel somebody beside him. Reflexively thinking it was his dog Ron, he hugged Mallika in his sleep.

Mallika, feeling somebody beside her also thought it was her dog. Reflexively, she leaned in to kiss her dog, but then felt skin under her lips. What? Why does my dog suddenly have skin instead of fur?

Sumedh feeling the kiss was also surprised. What? Since when did my dog start giving such soft kisses?

They both opened their eyes at the same time to see each other. Sumedh was huddled in with Mallika, while Mallika's lips were near his forehead. "Ahhhhhh!!!!!!" they both screamed, clearly not expecting to see the other.

Mallika immediately became defensive, "Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?! (What are you doing here?!)"

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here!?!?" Sumedh replied, startled and taken aback. 

They both looked around and the events of last night flooded in. "SORRY! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY DOG!" they both exclaimed at the same time. They began laughing together.

"Tumne toh mujhe dara hi diya tha!" Mallika said through her laughter.

"Same. Hahaha," Sumedh replied.

"Since we are both awake now, we might as well get ready. You can go fresh up first. I'll go second," Mallika said, plopping down on the bed again.

'You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. Now go!"

Sumedh went to go take a shower. Soon enough, Sumedh came out and Mallika went inside to also get ready. Sumedh sat on the bed and scrolled through his phone. He saw that he had a text message from Mira not so long ago. He opened it and read.

Mira: 'R u guys doing ok in there?!?! I heard a loud scream and decided to check, but then realized....it could have been private 😏😉"

Sumedh rolled his eyes as he read this and replied back.

Sumedh: 'Shut up Mira. It's nothing like what you think 😑😑'

Mira's immediate reply: 'Suuurrree 😏😏😏😏🤭🤭🤭'

Suddenly he was interrupted by the bathroom door opening. Mallika came out with wet hair, looking for a blow dryer that was not located in the bathroom. "Sumedh, have you seen the blow dryer? It's not in the bathroom,"

Sumedh looked up to see Mallika and he was mesmerized. Her wet hair was complimenting each feature on her face, the sides of her arms wet with droplets, her eyes shining from the sunlight that was peaking through the window.

"Umm hello? Sumedh? Blowdryer?"

"Uhh umm umm, " Sumedh mumbled, coming to his senses. "Um uh, it's kept on the table over there. I was using it yesterday."

"Oh ok. Thanks," Mallika responded, turning around and going towards the table.

Sumedh was suddenly overcome with a new feeling. It was like he couldn't control what he was doing. He went over to Mallika and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her from behind.

Mallika was caught off guard by the sudden act of love. "Uh um. Sumedh, what do you think you're doing?"

"Loving my favorite, what else."

"Uh um," Mallika started, getting shy. "Sumedh, uh, let go of me? I have to dry my hair."

"Nope. I'm going to keep you here as long as I want to."

"Sumedh c'mon. Sumedh please?" Mallika pleaded.

"Ok fine. But on one condition. You have to give me your doggy kiss again."

"WHAT?! Are you crazy? No way!"

"Then I'm not gonna let go."

"Please na Sumedh. Try to understand." Sumedh realizing what he was doing suddenly let go, a little disappointed for no reason.

"Oh, um, sorry. I d-don't know what h-happened to me there. I'll leave now, you can finish up." he turned to leave when Mallika grabbed his hand.

"Wait..." Mallika said softly.

She looked at his curious face while he turned. Sumedh looked at her face, noticing every small detail. She slowly leaned in, gazing at the lower half of his face, while a new sensation took over. The gap between them was decreasing at a fast rate. When Sumedh closed his eyes and also leaned in, Mallika quickly grabbed the hairdryer, turned it on to high power, and put it in front of his face!

"Ahhhhhh. Mallika." Sumedh screamed in a mix of embarrassment and annoyance.

She burst out laughing, while he just stared at her shocked and angry, his springy hair scattered everywhere.

"So that's what you want to do?..." he said slowly creeping closer, with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry sorry sorry." she slowly backed away, controlling her laughter.

"That was not a real sorry..." he said, still creeping closer.

"Ok ok fine, I'm--hahahahaha" and she burst out laughing again. Her laugh was like music for Sumedh's ears. But he wasn't giving up for revenge. He took a big step closer to her until they were face to face. Mallika's laughter suddenly stopped when she looked up at his hazel eyes. They entered a deep eye lock....

Hahahahahaha that was pretty funny! How did you guys like this scene? Be on the lookout for the next part! Follow, comment, and vote!!!