Part 2

*Sumedh Next Morning*
Oh my god...Oh my god...yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!! My first kind of actual date with Mallika. Ok Sumedh, calm down. Flowers - check. Decide - beanie or no beanie. NO BEANIE. Bike or car. BIKE. Ok all set to go.

*Looks at clock*

How is it only 6 am???

*7 am outside of Mallika's house*

Ok. Here goes nothing. I hope she likes the flowers I have for her. I brought her favorite - carnations. Or wait- is this too much. Well too late.

Sumedh takes a deep breath and knocks on Mallika's door. His palms were sweaty. "Calm down Sumedh, calm down."

Mallika opens the door and Sumedh's jaw drops. Oh my god. How can someone look so freaking stunning???

Mallika was wearing a yellow jumper. She had on some sunglasses. Bracelets in one hand and her hair tied back with a bandana. And of course - her casual (but cute) pink lip.

Mallika looks at the flowers in Sumedh's hand. "Are these for me?" Sumedh comes out of his trance.

Sumedh just stared at her and decided to start his sarcasm: "No, these are for Dau actually. You know how he loves to wear flowers in his hair, right? Like he can't go a day without having flowers put in his hair." Mallika rolls her eyes but then bursts out laughing when she sees Sumedh's face (who looks like he was gonna explode from laughter as well). She takes the flowers and puts them to the side in her house. "Shall we go?"

"After you, " Sumedh replies, stepping to the side to let her go first.

Sumedh gets on the bike first and balances it straight up. Mallika gets on in the back and suddenly gets hesitant on where to put her hands. I never went on a bike ride with Sumedh before. What should I hold for balance? Will he feel weirded-out if I hold on to him? Probably. Mallika, instead of putting her hands on his shoulders, holds on to the back of the bike. Sumedh looks at her through the mirror. He sees her hesitant, biting her lip nervously - but doesn't know what to do. Should I just tell her to hold on to me, or will that be too awkward and straightforward? I don't want her to feel embarrassed.

But then he suddenly got a brilliant idea....

He gives some gas and the bike lurches forward suddenly. Mallika, caught off guard, falls onto Sumedh. Their eyes meet in the mirror. Even though they are both not saying a word, their eyes are exchanging millions of emotions. They both knew what they wanted. Mallika, embarrassed, looks down, around - anywhere but Sumedh - but a small smile was playing on her lips. She quietly put her hands around Sumedh. They both were avoiding each other's eyes - knowing that if they met again, something crazy would happen that they weren't ready for yet. Sumedh broke the silence. "Can we go now?" Mallika nodded slightly and he smiled at her. As they began their ride, Mallika asked, "Where are we going Sumi?"

Oh how he loved when she called him that. He smiled and said, "It's a surprise. You will have to wait and watch." He watched Mallika pout - but she didn't push it forward. She knew she could never win from stubborn Sumedh.

As they got further out of the city, it was hilly and the scenery was great. Trees every so often. You could see the city of Umbergaon from up here. A light breeze was present. Birds were the only cause of sweet commotion. Everything was peaceful. As they were enjoying themselves, there was a stand on the side of the road. "Stop, stop, stop," Mallika said suddenly. Sumedh hit the brakes, worried. "Are you ok? What happened?"

"Can we please get some food from that stand? I haven't had breakfast yet." Sumedh stares at her shocked. "You haven't had breakfast?! You should have told me. I would have taken you somewhere."

Mallika quickly dismisses his worries as she gets off the bike and starts walking towards the stand. Even Sumedh knew not to mess with her when she was hungry. By the time he parked the bike at the side of the road and caught up to her - she had already ordered a variety of foods. Cheese Paratha, Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav, and of course, some Chai.

Sumedh also started to feel hungry. Because of his excitement in the morning, he had butterflies and was unable to eat anything. Now he was famished as well. They both sat and ate to their heart's content. Sumedh looked around - the scene was beautiful. He wished he could stop time to cherish that moment a little longer. He raised his hand and snapped his finger with a knowing smile and bright eyes.

Hearing the noise, Mallika looked up from her food. Seeing his hand in the air, she knew what he had done and understood his intentions. They both cherished the moment for a little longer. They looked into each other's eyes mesmerized. It was like the world melted away. Nothing around them existed - except themselves. And they looked at each other like that, for what felt like a million years.

"Sir...madam...yeh dabha hai...paise de do or fir continue karo apka jo bhi chal raha hai. (Sir...madam...this is a small eating place...give me the money and then continue whatever you were doing.)"

They were awakened by the waiter, who was asking for money.

They both looked around and regained their surroundings - embarrassed. Both of them thought to themselves, "What had just happened?" They both split the bill and headed back to the bike.

As they went up hill, the wind grew a little stronger. Sumedh's curly hair whipped back into her face and she laughed. Sumedh saw what had happened and waved his hair even more for fun. Mallika moved his curly hair and put her head on his shoulder. The smell of his cologne was almost intoxicating. She smiled - her favorite style of scent; not too strong and not too bare. She could feel his shoulder muscles flex underneath his shirt, as he maneuvered the bike around a curve in the road. She smiled inwardly. She wished she could spend the rest of eternity just like this.

How was this part? Did you enjoy? Please do comment, follow, and vote!!!