Part 18

"Actually there will be no need for that."

Basant turned around to the familiar voice and his face lit up with hope when he looked up. Mallika, knowing the voice by heart, just stopped walking without turning around.

"SUMEDH!" Basant exclaimed, really excited. "How did you find us?!"

"How can I sit there silently when I see my Dau running away with a concerned look on his face?"

Basant smiled gratefully and then signaled to Mallika. Sumedh, are you going to reunite now at least? Sumedh smiled back. We'll see about that. Basant frowned. What is that supposed to mean? Sumedh winked. You'll see.

Sumedh started walking towards Mallika. What is he doing here? Mallika thought. Wait! Now will be the perfect time to tell him. I'll tell him to have Chanda. I have to do this and I will. Come on Mallika, be strong and don't cry. She took a deep breath and turned to face Sumedh. Her eyes immediately sunk into his, absorbing the whole universe displayed inside. I'll miss these eyes. Ok Mallika, focus. I need to tell him. She slightly looked away from his eyes and began telling words that pained her to say.

"Sumedh....I realized that I have fallen into this trap of negativity. All these incidents that have been going on recently have only turned me into an unkind person....someone you don't deserve." Mallika's voice sounded like she was choking and tears were slowly leaking out of her eyes. "And now...now I have to tell you that...y-you should l-leave me and go to...Chanda. She's an innocent girl (Dau gagged at this), and she deserves someone like--"

Mallika was stopped when Sumedh placed a hand on her mouth.

"That's enough."

"Huh?" Mallika was genuinely confused. Did I say something wrong?

"Are you giving up already? I haven't even fully gotten into the plan." he teased. Sumedh took a glance at Dau who was dancing in the back. "Well, it's better for me. I don't need to go through any more pain, right?"

Mallika was stuck in a deep state of confusion. "Okay...wait what are you talking about? What plan?"

Sumedh smiled even wider and looked at Basant who had the widest grin ever. "Dau would you like to explain? I don't think I can.." Basant hurried towards Mallika and started his ramble.

"Ok so what actually happened Mallika was that...."

~~~

*After Mallika figured out everything*

Dead silence. Sumedh was looking at Mallika. Dau was switching his head between both. And Mallika....had the angriest look on her face, that nobody had ever seen before.

"Miku..." Sumedh inched closer to her.

"DON'T!" she replied, with a loud shout.

"Ummm...I think it's time for me to leave." Basant said quietly and snuck away. Good luck, Sumedh. Dealing with an angry woman....you'll have fun. Meanwhile, Sumedh rolled his eyes. Thanks Dau...for the "encouragement".

Mallika started to back away from Sumedh, hurt clearly reflecting in her eyes. "How could you do this to me? Is this all a joke to you? A freaking game to you for your own bloody entertainment? Was this relationship and all of my feelings just a toy to you - that after you are bored with it, you just forget about it in a corner of your damn room. I can't believe YOU did this Sumedh. And I thought, I was the bad one here. I felt so guilty that I did that to Chanda. The guilt was eating me up from the inside you know? I thought I was out of my mind to do this to you. I came here and was ready to sacrifice my love for you, and YOU. You decided that lets play a game with her heart - and even involved Dau in it. How could you?!!? How could you do that?!!?" Mallika was sobbing at this point. She sat down on the sand, crying.

But he silently keeps looking at her, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Why are you silent?! Do you have nothing to say? Don't you want to explain yourself? Or is it that everything I said was true!?"

"Oh..um..actually it's good to release your anger so I'm letting you..." he said trying to lighten the mood.

"Release my anger! Really?! That's the best you've got?" she got up, wiping away her tears. Her emotions were hurt and her anger was rising. She looked at Sumedh and her anger took over her actions. She looked at him angrily and raised her hand to slap his face. But suddenly she stopped, looking into his eyes. They were staring back at her, tears reflecting off but not escaping his eyes. She immediately stopped what she was about to do and jerked her hand away.

"But how can I do that?...How can I do that to the person I love with all my heart? You know what, I'm leaving. Good bye." she said, breaking down. A tear rolled down from Sumedh's eye. Mallika turned around and started walking away. Sumedh quickly caught up to her and held her hand. She turned around, seeing the tears on his face. She softened inside.

"How can I not cry when my Radha does?" Sumedh finally spoke.

Mallika just looked at him, her annoyance melting away slowly. "But why Sumedh? Why did you have to do this?"

"Because I wanted you to figure out things for yourself....I wanted you to see your mistake."

"Mistake...me?" Mallika tried to realize.

"Yes. You. You let your false judgements and assumptions blind you from seeing the truth. You let your jealousy get in the way of our love. Remember what I had said the other day: trust--"

"Is the foundation for love!!" Mallika suddenly interrupted, realizing.

"and together they are the foundation for a successful bonded relationship," they both finished off together.

She looked back up at him. He was smiling. "You finally understood, Miku," Sumedh whispered. Mallika just nodded, still feeling a bit guilty. But then she suddenly started, "I'm really sorry. This is all my fault. I didn't realize--" she was suddenly interrupted. Sumedh hugged her tightly.

"Now is not the time to apologize...it's time for me to show you how much I missed you!" Sumedh smiled. Mallika smiled and hugged him back tightly, but then suddenly looked up.

"But-but, what about Chanda? Why did you play with her?"

"But did I ever act like I loved her. I just acted like a friend if you haven't noticed. Oh that's right you were too busy assuming things about me," he joked.

"Ok I get it!" Mallika hugged him even tighter.

Click!

Mallika and Sumedh immediately separated at the sound. What in the world was that! they both thought.

"Shoot! This darn camera can never take pictures silently." a female voice remarked with annoyance.

Yayy! Sumellika are back together, better than ever. But, who is this new entrance? And most importantly, WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?! Be on the lookout for the next part...