Epilogue

KL RAHUL

"For the 150th time dad! I am going to Boston, not on Titan to live with Thanos." Aditi whined.

"Honey, Boston is way too far for you to go." I explained to her.

"Dad, you do realise that I have worked really hard to get into Harvard. I gave up Netflix and my phone for two years, just so I could focus on studying and there's no way I am ditching Harvard now. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. Dad please!" She begged.

"Honey, try to understand, there's no way that I'm sending you 8529 miles from here."

"But dad, it's Massachusetts we're talking about."

"You're definitely not ready for that kind of a carefree lifestyle."

"Dad, meemaw and peepaw stay in California. I'll be safe there. It's hardly a six hour flight."

"Sweetie, try to understand the situation here."

"Let mom come she'll definitely talk sense into you. What I dont get is why are you not letting me go? Like seriously what the fuck is your problem?" She said annoyed.

"Language!" A strong voice took over.

We turned back to see Neha standing there.

"Mom," Aditi said and ran over to her, engulfing her in a hug.

"Hey honey, looks like you missed me and you definitely need to mind your language while talking to your dad." Aditi rolled her eyes at this.

"Mom my let-" I cut her.

"Aditi, let mom freshen up, she's just returning from Australia, we can talk about this once she takes a shower." She gave me a nod and Neha raised her eyebrow at me. I just gave her a small smile.

***

"Mom, I made coffee you want some?" Aditi yelled.

"Yeah sure honey." Neha yelled back.

"Dad what about you?" She yelled again from the kitchen.

"No thanks hun." I yelled back from our bedroom.

"KL what's going on? What were you two bickering about?"

"You'll find out soon." I said and pulled her into a kiss, while gently pinning her against the wardrobe. I deepened the kiss, and gently caressing her cheek while she threw her arms around me.

"Mom, are you done taking a shower?" Aditi yelled again.

"Yes honey," Neha said pulling back and kissing me one last time.

"We can do this later sweetie." She told me and we walked out.

Aditi handed a big cup of coffee to Neha and we all settled on the couch. Neha immediately took a sip of the coffee. Classic Neha! Even after so many years, she's not changed a bit.

"So Aditi what is that you and your dad were having a disagreement on?" Neha asked her.

"Mom, I got a letter from Harvard University saying that I have been accepted."

"Oh my God! That's amazing, we definitely need to celebrate this." Neha cheerfully told her.

"But, dad is not letting me go to Harvard. Classic overprotective dad!"

"Wait what? KL may I know why?" She questioned me. I am so dead right now.

"I dont feel really secure about shipping our daughter alone off all the way to Boston."

"KL she's mature enough, she knows her responsibilities and she can handle herself. You have to let her go."

"But Neha, we're sending her alone all the way to Harvard which is freaking 8529 miles from here."

"KL you have to let her go. Try to understand this. Besides my folks are there in LA, its a six hour flight and if she wants to have a road trip it's just two days of a drive. Besides we can always visit her and she can visit us."

Neha can charmspeak anyone into doing something for her. I hate it when she charmspeaks me into doing something for her but I guess I have to agree with her.
Damn! I hate it when she's right.

"Mom, I have even been accepted in University of North Carolina, Yale and Brown." Aditi said grinning wide.

"Damn girl! You're amazing. I am definitely taking you out for this. We'll go shopping!" Neha told her.

"CROSSWORD! Yayy!" She yelled and I couldn't help but notice how happy she was.

"Aditi, honey, you can go to Harvard. I wont stop you."

"Yess! Thank you so much dad. I love you. You're the best." She said and engulfed me in a hug.

I was going to miss my daughter but I'm mighty proud of her for getting in to her dream college. Atleast now after years me and Neha would be alone at home, although we are going to miss our cute little minion a lot.

***

Hey guys!
As promised I am posting the epilogue. Niyati25 this chapter wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have motivated me to post one last chapter. To all the other people thanks a lot for being with me in this amazing journey. I don't know if this epilogue has matched your expectations or not but I hope you like it. I'll be saying this for the last time, don't forget to vote and comment down below. Until next time! Adios Amigos!