Chapter 17

Neha

I couldn't focus even a bit on shopping, not that shopping is one of my hobbies. The only shopping I ever do is for electronics and books. I waited outside the trial room for Bhavna while she changed. The words Always yours Tanisha were constantly playing in my head. I guess sometimes we all have a really bad past which we choose not to talk about and move on but eventually it just shows up. I have made up my mind, I'm definitely going to tell KL all about Luke. "Oye, kaha kho gayi?" KL snaps his fingers in front of my eyes. "I think you should know who my ex boyfriend was."
"Why this all of a sudden?"
"Because you need to know how it affected my life."
"Okay okay we'll talk about this, if it's bothering you so much, but not right now, okay?"
"Yeah, yeah. When's your next tour by the way?"
"After a month or so, why?"
"I was wondering if you'd like to come with me for the T20 World Cup."
"Holy crap! You're in the playing 11?"
"Hell yeah!"
"Congratulations! Why didn't you tell me this before?"
"Well we were broken up back then."
"Ohh, by the way ye achanak se teko mujhe tere ex ke baare mein kyu batana hein?"
"You know we have been dating from the past four months now and I kinda feel that you should know about him now since we're serious right now."
"Ohh. I too owe you an explanation about my past then."
Yes, that's what I want to know. I want to know who she is. This is perfect.
"Guys chale, kya?" Bhavna asks.
"Which one are you buying?"
"None of them they dont look as great as I thought they would."
"Ohh okay no problem let's just go have some food and go home. It's almost four in the evening. Bhavna what time does your flight leave?"
"Technically it leaves at ten but reporting time is around seven."
"Okay then we need to hurry up. You shouldn't be missing that flight." She nods.

***

We left Bhavna at the airport and returned home after eating Subway's.
"Can we talk?"
"Yeah"
"Okay so basically I was raised in India till I was twelve after that my parents and me shifted to Los Angeles, California for my dad's job. My mom's an English AP class professor. I was really sad about the fact that I had to leave India, one because I was leaving Virat and two because I was leaving Asfiya and my whole gang in India. So gradually I was not that excited for my first day of school in LA, but I ended up going there anyways. So my classes before lunch at Adler High weren't that great. But post lunch in my History class I met Luke a.k.a Lucian Gray. He was a really really sweet guy and we liked the same kind of stuff. So naturally we hit it off real quick. We soon became best friends. His friends became my friends. I had a new gang finally. It consists of Christina a.k.a Chrissy my first girl bestie in LA then the rest of the gang that is Penelope, Steve, Noah, Peter, Andrew, Meredith, Genevieve, Smith and me and Luke. We all were really close, it was like if you mess with one of us you mess with the whole group. We were that united. Then came the freshman year when we had the Homecoming. Luke asked me out to Homecoming and I happily agreed.

"We were sixteen during the Homecoming, we literally had a blast. Our group was famous in the entire school for the parties we threw and for our popularity. We were a group of wild teenagers. Luke taught me how to ride a bike and that's how I fell in love with my bike. We would be making fake ID's and hitting pubs. After a few weeks Luke actually asked me to be his girlfriend at that point I too was falling for him hard. We eventually began dating. He wanted to become a detective and I wanted to study psychology. When I was eighteen I got a chance to play for India in the under-19 world cup team. It was a huge honour. I even fell in love with the ideas of having tattoos. I have four now. Everything was perfect, the coach had loved my performance so much that he appealed to Indian Women's Cricket Team for me. I could play once I completed my education. When I turned twenty Luke told me that someone was behind his life, he wasn't a detective then so I told him that you're seeing things. But he was right about it, I should have believed him when I had the chance. On our fourth anniversary he was killed and I was devastated. I was in a really bad state, I was supposed to be playing for India next week but I just couldn't, Virat made me move back to Mumbai so that I could take it off my mind but I just couldn't. Then I met Hardik and we really hit it off but I still couldn't get over Luke. Virat and Hardik started spending more time with me and believe it or not it did help me get over him and last year I finally made my debut. I don't know where I'd be without them."

"Woah. I literally had no clue that you went through so much."
"Hmm that's because only a few people know about it."
"You're really strong. Come hear."
He engulfed me in a bear hug. I love him so so much.

"Now that you've told me about your past I think you deserve to know about my past as well."
And so he began...

To be continued...