Chapter 30

KL RAHUL

I called Neha's dad and asked for his permission to marry her. He was really happy about it. Now all I had to do was buy the ring and do the arrangements for the proposal.

I took Pankhuri, Ritika, Sakshi and Anushka with me to buy the ring. Since I'm not the best when it comes to buying jewellery. I told them that I was looking for something more modern, instead of the very common one diamond ring. Since Asfiya was here, it was easy to distract Neha for going to the store. These people ended up taking me to Tiffany's and here I am now.

After an hour and a half they finally found a ring and I was just mesmerized by it. It was a gold ring, with a diamond in the centre and two diamond leaves besides it. Neha was definitely going to love this. I really hope she doesn't turn me down. Fingers crossed.

***

It was match day and I was freaking out. Not because I had a match but because I was going to propose to the love of my life. The match was really great, we won by seventeen runs and I got the Man of the Series Awards. Now was the real test. I went to my dressing room and changed, Neha congratulated me for it. She said she would take me out for ice cream. I grinned at her and motioned Asfiya to keep her busy for another two minutes while we sorted out the fairy lights. After doing a double-check over everything. It was indeed Showtime!

"Neha chal na let's go for a walk." I tell her and everyone nods.

"Where do you want to go for a walk at the middle of the night?" She questioned me.

"Let's just walk in the stadium, there's no one."

"Okay, just wait, let me grab my coat." I nodded and waited for her to return.

"Rahul chill alright? You can do this she isn't going to reject you." Pankhuri told me and Virat smacked me.

"Oww, what was that for?" I said rubbing my arm.

"You better take good care of my sister." He threatened me and Anushka smacked him this time. I took a deep breath and walked away with Neha.

The chilly winds helped me calm down. They were soothing for me.

"So what did you want to talk to me about KL?" Neha asks me.

"Well, where do you see yourself in the next ten years?"

"I see myself as the caption of the cricket team."

"What about us?"

"I definitely see myself getting hitched with you." She says and kisses me.

"Neha, there is something that I have been meaning to ask you."

"Since when did you become so formal?"

"So should I ask?"

"Duh."

I clapped my hands loudly and the entire stadium was lit up with golden fairy lights. Neha turned around to see them. I immediately open the ring box and got down on one knee.

"KL this is so beautiful," She then turns around and gasps.

"Neha, ever since the first day I saw you, I knew that you were the one for me. Just the way Edward was just existing before Bella, I too was just existing, you helped me live, you were my new hope. Sure enough, our relationship had its ups and downs but we managed to survive, I wasn't really like Augustus but then you, my Hazel came along and you transformed me into a whole different person. Our relationship was exactly like that of Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase, crazy and cute at the same time. Now I think I can be the Jonathan Christopher Herondale to your Clarissa Fray, but I think I would like to update our status, so let me frame it this way, will you allow me to be your Chandler Bing? Neha Shergill will you please do the honour of marrying me and making me the happiest man on earth?"

"Hell yeah, I will." Tears flowing down both of our eyes. I slip the ring onto her ring finger and kiss her. This time however it feels different it feels like I am finally complete. We pull apart and I hug her tight, this is exactly where I need to be.

***

Hey guys!
They're finally engaged! Thank you so much for all the love that you'll have showered on this book it really means a great deal to me. Don't forget to vote and comment down below!