Chapter 3

Neha

"So what are you going to wear?" Hardik asks me as he was lying on the bed. "I dont know."
"Well maybe you should show him your badass side, let him know how you actually are, let him find out that you're not a sweet girl, show him the rebel in you Neha. He should know how you actually are IRL."
"What do you mean by IRL? Okay okay wait I got an idea I know just what to do."

***

I was all set for this date. I messaged him that I am leaving and took one last look in the mirror. Hardik's idea was perfect. I was wearing black jeggings and a plain white top along with my black biker jacket and black sneakers. I started my Royal Enfield and left to pick him up.

I reached below his building and saw him standing down. I motioned him to sit at the back.
"I am sorry but my date is coming to pick me up" he told me and walked ahead. Damn! I still have my helmet on and that's the reason he didn't get on the bike. I go to where he's standing and again motion him to sit on the bike. "I already told you my date's coming to pick me up" and that's when I removed my helmet.
"Will you just sit already? You're such a drama queen KL" I reply smirking.

"What?! I didn't know you had a Royal Enfield nor did I know that you could drive it and also that you were going to come pick me up on a Royal Enfield." He says give me a strange look. I just chuckle."Where to by the way?"
"I'll give you the directions, you drive" I pout at him and then start driving.

***

"Oh my God! KL this place is just amazing." We are now at the topmost floor of a building which is decorated with fairy lights. "What is this place?" I ask him.
"Well, I used to stay here before I became famous and the owner of this building is a really close friend of mine so he agreed to letting me use it for tonight." He says while he interlaces his hands with mine.

We go and sit at the old couch that is kept. "So, Neha tell me about yourself, what do you do?"
I laugh and reply "I am a cricketer"
"Wait, what? Are you kidding me? I'm so so sorry."
"Hey, there's nothing to apologise for I just made my debut last month. I am not going to become famous so fast it's not your fault."
"Wait, isn't your last name Shergill? Oh my God! I know you I saw that match  and believe me I'm not making this up. You were on fire against England."
"I trust you." I say and laugh.

All we did that night was talk and have fun. I missed what it was like to have a boyfriend.

***

As I dropped KL off to his house I realised that I didn't tell him about the New Zealand series so I call out to him.
"Hey KL. I wanted to tell you something."
"Bol na Neha."
"Umm... KL" I take a deep breath. "Well I am leaving for New Zealand on Wednesday and I'll be gone for 2 weeks. We are having our series and I'm in the playing eleven."
"I'm really happy for you, although I'm going to miss you a lot and do win the series for me please and dont worry I won't fall for anyone accept you." He says and caresses my face.
"How are you so different KL? Maybe that's the reason why I fell for you. I'll miss you too." I reply and hug him.