||51||

August's POV

A Few Months Later

Looking at the screen, Ma Ma covered my eyes so I wouldn't see the gender of the baby.

Chuckling, I let her keep it over my eyes since I knew I'd know the gender immediately.

She planned on me finding out what we're having at the birth, since last time I ruined the surprise.

"Is it done baybeh?"

"Yes, we're done for today. He can look now." The doctor said with a chuckle.

Once she moved her hand, I could see a slightly concerned look on the doctor's face. "I'm seeing that you're having some gestational hypertension which is just high blood pressure that occurs after you become pregnant. It happens around the second half of pregnancy, which is your case, but it does tend to go away after the birth."

"I should be fine though right? The baby too?" Ma Ma asked, getting nervous.

"Yes, you and the baby should continue doing just fine. Just take it easy on really salty or deep-fried foods."

Nodding, she sat up hopping off the table.

Walking out of the building, I held LaLa's hand as we approached the car.

"You okay Blossom?" I asked, sensing her silence.

"I'm fine Aug. I'm just thinking about what the doctor said."

"Baybeh don't stress on it. A little high blood pressure I'm sure it's normal during pregnancy."

"Okay, babe. I'm just overthinking it."

Kissing her cheek, I saw a small smile on her face. Opening her door, I let her get in before closing it. Jogging over to my side, I got in starting the car.

"You wanna stop and get food?"

Sighing, "Q'Doba bowls sound good."

"Okay."

Pulling out of the parking lot, I drove us to the destination getting the food we wanted. On the way back, we got stuck in a long ass street of traffic.

Looking over at her, she pouted.

"Tristina got a place down hea' you said?"

"Yea, that's why she has Layla. She said she'd stop by with her girlfriend to drop the girls off.

"Okay. To switch subjects right quick, how are you doing with your memories?"

Thinking for a second, she shrugged. "What'chu shrugging fa'? What is it that you don't know?"

"I randomly had a spurt of small memories in a dream a few days ago." She said, making me give her a look.

"A few days ago Loyalty? Why you hiding shit like that?" I asked, irritation thick in my voice.

"I wasn't trying to hide it. I just didn't think too much of it. It wasn't like they were key memories."

"I still would like you ta tell me bout sumn like that."

Looking over at me, she nodded.

"Fine, I'm sorry for not letting you know. That was selfish of me." She said making my eyebrows shoot up.

Loyalty apologizing? The wreck really changed her. Was she really like this before I met her?

"I appreciate you apologizing baybeh."

Yawning, she wore a little pout on her lips.

"What's wrong? You ready for a nap?"

"Mhm." She hummed in agreement.