||3||

Yung's POV

"Who dat lil shawty I be seeing you wit?" Rakim asked.

"A friend, why?" I asked.

"You think I got a chance?" He asked making me chuckle, cause me and LaLa already talked about him.

She said she doesn't like him because he isn't her type.

(A/N: Since people have issues with this part... Loyalty's father is a dark skin man that neglected her! Her point of view of dark skin men is tainted. Please don't read too deep into this, cause there's no colorism🙄 Personally, the darker the berry the sweeter the juice🥴 enjoy the rest of story💯😮‍💨)

"Nah, she doesn't prefer dark skins." I said as he sighed.

"Awe damn. Well I guess never mind." He said getting in his feelings.

Looking at my watch, it was my lunch break. "I'a be back, I'm boutta go get me some food." I said.

"Arrd." He said as I left.

Going to the food court, my phone started to ring;

"Helluh?" I asked.

"Aye Yungin!" My my brother Mel yelled, making me smile.

"Wazzam big brudda." I said sitting at a table.

"Nun much, Kayden told me you got a lil guh'frien." He said.

"No I'an gotta guh'frien Mel." I said in a sigh.

"Why you sound so mad?" He asked.

"Cause errbody keep pressuring me ta get in a relationship and shit! If I wanted one, I woulda been got in one! Damn!" I say ready to hand up.

"You like sumbody don't ya?" He asked.

"No, she's just a friend. That's how she likes it, and that's how I like it." I said.

"Mhm. Okay August, and you wanna make dis drop wit me?" He asked.

"No. You know I got outta dat shit fo a reason Mel, and you need to." I said.

"Man, I'll get out when I'm ready." He said.

"But when will you be ready? When ya ass dead?" I asked getting tired of his bullshit.

"No man, just let me do me.....I talked to momma." He said making my blood boil.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause, she is our momma. No matter how much you hate ha, she's always gonna be yo momma." He said making me scoff.

"Mel she left us! For fucking drugs, all she's ever done is hurt and take and you know that!" I said trying to keep my voice down, cause some white people was looking at me.

"Yea, well. Everybody deserves a second chance Yung." He said.

"You already gave her one, and a third, and a fourth. When you finally gon see dat she ain't gonna get better? What she use ya money fa this time?" I asked already know he gave her some.

"Crack? Meth? Heroine? What was it Mel?! All three?" I asked.

"Yea." He said in a lower voice letting me know that what I said finally set in.

"Stop feeding into her bullshit." I said.

"Fine Yung." He said.

"I just don't like seeing ya stressed, I mean you tried ta help ha. You can't help errbody." I said.