chapter 13 - bobbies & buried secrets

The next day, they awoke a little late but got up and started back in their old routine, gym, yoga, meditation, chores. It seemed particularly cold, so they snuggled on the sofa in the small living room and watched the rest of the movie they had fallen asleep in the night before. They heated up some of Maggie's vegetable soup for lunch and sat at the table, arguing over which was better, Harry Potter or Game of Thrones.

"They BOTH have dragons," Camila protested.

"Harry Potter has magic though."

"Game of Thrones has a sorcereress, and lots of mystical stuff..."

"Harry Potter has the best baddie, nobody beats Voldemort..."

Camila held up a finger with a victorious expression.

"Ahhh, but there is one important thing that Game of Thrones has that Harry Potter doesn't."

Shawn smiled. "What?"

"SEX!"

Shawn knew she would get to it eventually, and he laughed. "You got me there." She walked around the table and sat on his lap, pulling off his headband and running her fingers through his hair. He pulled her head down and kissed her.

"What are you doing this afternoon?"

"I was thinking of going into the studio...." She said tentatively. He raised a brow. "Well, I was hoping you'd come with me. Maybe we could do something together."

They had, up until that point, deliberately had separate time in the studio, but he thought they were ready for this and he agreed.

"OK, wanna go make sweet music together?" He slid his hand up under her t-shirt, splaying his hand across her back.

"I want to make ACTUAL music please," she said with mock affront.

Shawn lay in bed that night, stroking Camila's bare arm. She was breathing evenly, sound asleep, exhausted by their lovemaking. His mind wouldn't let him rest, he couldn't stop thinking about their session in the studio that afternoon. They had started with some light hearted teasing and flirting, but then he had played a piece of music he had written earlier in the week, to see if she liked it, and she began singing, reading lyrics off her phone and making suggestions. He recorded the piano, then played with a guitar riff which she really loved, adding a drum track. They sat and wrote lyrics for a while, adding layers of vocals. Now he was obsessed with production layers he could add to fill it out. It was the most fun he'd had in the studio for a long time, and really he hadn't had an experience quite like it since they recorded IKWYDLS. A couple of times they had such synchronised moments that they exchanged smiles and he knew she was thinking about that too. Unable to rest, he extricated himself from her, tucking the comforter around her shoulders and pulled sweats on, heading down to the studio.

Camila awake feeling chilled. Sitting up she saw she was alone and the fire was only a few glowing embers. She got up, pulling on her fluffy robe, and added wood, poking it until the fire caught again. She used the bathroom, and seeing no sign of Shawn, she pulled on her fluffy socks and headed downstairs. She added wood to the fires in the kitchen and living rooms as well. The storm seemed to have abated in the last twenty four hours but the cold seemed to have intensified. Not finding him anywhere downstairs, she knew where he must be. With a smile she headed down to the studio. She could hear the music as soon as she entered the atrium, the recording from the day before. It finished and there was only silence. He had obviously been working on it and she hurried down the walkway, intrigued. He didn't even hear her enter, he was so intent on whatever he was listening to in his headphones. The temptation was to surprise him, but she was enjoying watching him, his face intent, his eyes closed as he nodded to the beat.