chapter 3 - barking & baths

Camila stopped again, panting. Her brain was fuzzy and she was sure she was going crazy, hearing dogs barking, seeing lights. She even thought she heard Shawn's voice. She closed her eyes. Just rest for a moment, then do it again, she thought. Her book light had run out and her phone didn't have a lot of charge left. She'd finished the granola bar, and half the water, even though it was so icy it made her teeth ache, despite keeping it tucked up inside her clothes. Her eyes drifted shut and she heard a smash, feeling tiny pieces of something falling about her. She was Elsa, causing ice to whirl around in a magical dance. I'm going loony, she thought.

"Hey, can you hear me?" Oh, it was Shawn. Hi Shawn.

"Woof woof woof." Hiya Hagrid, missed ya buddy.

"Come on, honey, lets get you out of here," She loved the way Shawn said honey. Sigh.

"Lift your arms up," She did what he asked. She'd do anything for Shawn. She snuggled her face into her sweat pant scarf again and felt him pull her up by her arms. The cold made her gasp as it rushed in from the open window.

"Purse," she mumbled. She needed all her things. "PURSE." She thought she'd said it louder.

"Really?" Shawn's voice mumbled, but he fiddled around, found her purse and dropped her phone and book inside then hooked it over her head before pulling her out.

She felt herself lifting up, and up. She was going to heaven. And Shawn and Hagrid were there. Well of course they were, she loved them, they'd have to be there.

"Love you Shawn," she muttered.

"What?" he stopped.

"Love you Shawn, love you Hagrid."

She felt the scarf being pulled away from her face. And she smiled.

"Love you so much Shawn, glad you're in heaven with me."

Shawn looked at the face beneath the sweat pants in astonishment. It was Camila. How the FUCK was it Camila? Hagrid barked. So that was what had happened. The dog had somehow known it was Camila. He had saved her.

"Good boy," he said huskily. God, she could have died. Still could if he didn't get her back and warmed up.

"Not a boy," she mumbled.

"You don't need to tell ME that," Shawn muttered, throwing her over his shoulder. She was wearing a lot of clothes, she felt like a ragdoll. He could barely see the yellow glow of the Farmhouse and at some point he wasn't sure he was even seeing it, worried it was just his imagination tricking him, but a short time later, he found himself at the gates, and hurried inside, Hagrid at his heels. The dog ran straight to the fire that was still roaring in the hearth, but Shawn didn't stop, heading up to the master bath. He lay Camila on the floor and ran the bath as warm as he could. Should he put bubbles in? Such a stupid thought, but he somehow thought it might be safer. Safer than seeing her naked in the bath. Seriously, Mendes, you need to keep her alive, not ravish her in the bathroom. There wasn't any bubble bath anyway. He looked at her, passed out on the floor and took a deep breath before starting at her shoes.

It took a while to get the layers off, but she lay there, in her underwear. Maybe he should leave them on? Why, Shawn, it's not like you haven't seen it all before, more times than you can count. Isn't like you haven't kissed every inch of her or anything. Isn't like you don't think about her all the time, including what she looks like naked. Jeez man, just hurry up, she's hypothermic! Before he could think twice he whipped off her panties and bra and trying to keep it clinical he lifted her and put her into the warm bath.

She was floating and she was warm, so warm. Something soft was brushing across her face. Oh, that's right, she was in heaven. She sighed.

"Mila? Open your eyes honey."