12. Estasi

*Xavier's P

*Xavier's P.O.V*

I was in math when one of my mates lent across my desk, showing me a video somebody sent me about Gabriela. 

This stupido ragazzo provoking my sister, saying shit about our family. I know my sister too well to see that this anger she was reacting with was just a cover to hide the fact that she wanted to cry. 

Her twitch under her eye. The pouting of the lips. Trembling fingers. It didn't matter what she was saying, or how she was reacting, I could tell that if she wouldn't of stormed out then, she would have broken down. 

It's that separation you need to do, ya know? Like how a bomber will set off a bomb, but leaves before it blows up otherwise they'd be dead as well. You need to show people that you're tough, otherwise they'll see through the facade. 

'Chill Xav' Max smirks at me, 'she's a member of the Cattaneo family no? Worst thing she'll get is a slight slap on the wrist and a one day suspension. 

'Yeah, you Cattaneo's are untouchable' Oscar joins in 'Do you remember when the twins practically sent that kid to the hospital for sleeping with one of their flings at the time. They were off school for what, two days?'

A round of laughter circles the table, and I sub-consciously join in. I hate how they think we're untouchable. It de-humanizes us almost, makes me ashamed to admit that I have some fucked up issues. 

But how do I explain that I don't care that she slapped someone, or if she'll get in trouble with the teachers. But Alessandro knowing, that's a whole different story. 

Gabriela already being in her fragile state is just dynamite before getting lit, and Alessandro holds the torch. He'll break her down, and she'll crack and talk to him. 

And then he'll want to talk to me. 

These thoughts don't last long though as the bell rings, and I'm shocked back into reality. I need an escape, and I know how to get that. 

Nudging my friends arm discretely , I mutter 'I fancy eating in the car.'

They know what I mean, and they all get that glint in their eye like they too have that same craving. 

Gabriela craves perfection, she just wants to be perfect. She can control it through her seamless image; that beauty, the brains I never inherited.

My way is a lot more simpler, just a simple white line on the dashboard which is ready to get snorted up. 

That sniff is like nothing you can imagine, the ecstasy as you feel it hit your nostril. The craving finally satisfied. You don't have to think about your issues when you're high, you can just enjoy life.