Chapter 8 - My Little Teddy Bear

A Few Days Later

Nick's pov

I sat in the garden, alone. The past few days I've grown distant with Tony. We never argued or anything and we were never mad at each other but something just felt... different. I've grown closer to Thomas, Michael, and Chase but especially Ryland. Ryland and I are usually the ones to leave at 3 am to go get food and we're the ones to stay in the pool after everyone has gotten out. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember the last time Tony and I kissed. It's been almost a week probably. My thoughts were interrupted by laughter coming from behind me. I turned to see Ryland and Chase walking down the stone steps. They saw me and froze.

"Oh, hey, Nick," Ryland said with a forced smile. "I thought you were in your room." I could tell he felt uncomfortable. I heard Chase whisper something into Ryland's ear but I couldn't make out what he said. Deciding to ignore it, I turned back to face the driveway and return to my thoughts. My mind wandered as I began to fantasize about me and Tony.

Chase's pov (sorry for changing the povs so much lol)

I whispered in Ryland's ear "Let's just go to my room." I leaned away, grinning. Ryland nodded and we headed back to my room.

I sat on my bed, looking down at my phone to avoid eye contact. "So..." Ryland broke the silence. I looked up, our eyes meeting. Ryland smirked and playfully pinned me onto the bed, looking down on me.

"Bro, what are you doing?" I questioned as I felt my face start to redden. Ryland just shrugged. His soft, warm fingers grazed along my jaw, meeting my chin. I felt my entire body relax under his muscular build. He let out a laugh and sat up, scooting away slight. "The ffffuck was that?" I said, exaggerating the F.

Ryland's pov

Wow, I just did that. Holy shit. Why did I do that? I don't know. I don't even like him. We're just friends. If Chase was Ondreaz I'd be all over him. But I have no chance with Ondreaz. I stared down at my lap, trying to keep myself from crying. I'm lacking physical affection. That's all. I felt my throat begin to tighten up as I held the tears back.

"Ryland, you good? I didn't mean-"

"I'm fine." I cut in. I stood and walked to the door, opening it and slamming it before going down the stairs and out the front door. I climbed the cement wall and got onto the roof, looking out onto the backyard and the surrounding houses. All I could think about was Ondreaz. Anger swelled inside me and I stood, picking up a rock and chucking it. I panted heavily to control my sudden outburst of anger. It wasn't long until I collapsed onto the roof, tears streaming down my cherry-colored face. I buried my face in my knees, weeping.

Nick's pov

After a while, I decided it was best if I headed back inside. I got inside and went straight to the living room, laying down on the couch. As I took out my phone I heard the front door open. My gaze followed the sound and settled on Tony who looked like he was on the verge of tears. "What happened?" I questioned innocently. I was worried about him, I really was. As soon as he saw me he relaxed and just smiled. What was he so worked up about?

Tony's pov

I was driving back to the house and was pulling into the driveway. I was waiting for the gate to open when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I looked out the window to my left and noticed someone sitting on the roof with their head buried in their knees. They looked like they were crying. Oh god, is that Nick? I asked myself subconsciously in my mind. What happened to him? The gate finally opened and I sped up the long driveway, quickly parking and rushing inside. Swiftly opened the door to be met with the eyes of Nick who was laying on the couch. I instantly relaxed when I saw him, forgetting about the person on the roof. 

"What happened?" He asked. I just shook my head and walked over to him. He started to sit up but I pinned him down, my body hovering over him. "Tony-" He started but I quickly put my finger to his lips, shushing him. His face flushed red as I smirked, my gaze trailing down his body and back up to his face, stopping at his lips briefly before staring into his eyes again. Nick grabbed the collar of my shirt, bringing me into a kiss. I got onto the couch from my awkward standing position, my body now completely above him, deepening the kiss. I opened my eyes momentarily, taking in his seemingly soft face. And it was soft. He was my little teddy bear.

ok I know this chapter was kinda short but I had to get something out there since I know you guys were waiting. Do you guys prefer the longer pov's where an entire chapter is 1 person's pov or more like this? I enjoy both personally but let me know what you guys think.

also how would you feel about me writing a Sway House fanfic where they are all werewolves? I dunno since I'm already writing like 5 books now but its fine lmao

|~| 937 words |~|