24. the talk

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
( ! the talk ! )

MARLEY WAS SAT in Kies car and the group was outside the walls of the cameron house and they where making a plan

kie and pope where to go and try to get sarah, if she was on their side, and then they'd come back. pope was suppose to distract ward while kie got sarah.

"guys, i know i'm the one who said we shouldn't go home... but i need to make sure my sister knows i'm okay." explains marley as her friends look at her worried.

kie sighs, "are you sure it's safe?" marley shrugs, "i don't know, but i have to make sure that she knows." "i'll go with her while y'all get sarah, okay?" questions jj as marley smiles at the boy gratefully and kie and pope both agree.

kie steps out of the car and shuts the door behind her as pope follows, marley and jj stay in the car since they'd be taking it over to marleys before bringing it back.

kie and pope quietly chatted before kie spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, "shes the only one who can clear john b."

jj looks at marley, "this is the last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." marley chuckled a bit before kie sent the duo a glare. they got the message and jj hopped into the front seat as marley got in the passenger seat and they drove down a bit towards marleys house.

when they made it, marley could see her little sisters room lights on. she smiled before she went to open the door, jj stopping her, "are you sure you don't want me coming in with you?"

the two had had a conversation about her going inside alone while he took guard. marley nodded, "she may like you a lot but i need this moment before whatever craziness happens."

jj nods in understanding before quickly kissing the girls lips and allowing marley to get out of the car. she walks away from the car as she takes a deep breath before marley goes running to the side of her house.

she looks through a window on the first floor and saw her dad. she quickly hid a bit but watched as he talked on a phone.

"i thought we didn't have generators?" whispered the girl to herself as she continues to watch her dad pace back and forth as he spoke with someone else.

marley couldn't make out the words he was saying but he seemed very stressed out, so when victoria came into the room and began asking michael questions, marleys confusion only grew.

she decided to ignore the strange moment, for the sake of time, and continued till she was under berkleys second floor window.

marley quickly grabbed the latter they had out back and placed it against her wall. she began climbing until she made it to her sisters window.

berkley was sat on her bed reading a book when she heard the quiet knock. the young girl quickly turned around to see her sister and ran towards the window to open it.