32. rainy chase

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
( ! rainy chase ! )

IT HAD GROWN dark and the four were still outside of Gavin's house

IT HAD GROWN dark and the four were still outside of Gavin's house. The plan was to scare him into leaving home by telling him someone knew his secret. Marley just hoped it would work.

"Why does she get to tickle?" JJ complained with a frown. Marley would have joined in, but Kie was much better at accents than she was if they were needed. "She's the best tickler." Pope replied.

"Should I like do an accent?" Kie questioned. "Do the british." Marley nodded quickly. Pope sighed. "Definitely disguise your voice." Kie switched to the accent Marley wanted. "Disguise my voice now? How would you like me to talk? Talk like this?" Marley nodded. "Yes." But JJ shook his head. "Not like that." Pope agreed with JJ instantly. "Not like that, no. Batman."

Kie lowered her voice. "Batman." Marley shook her head quickly but learned fast that her opinion was not being taken into account. "There you go." Pope praised. "Spot-on. Let's do it." JJ agreed.

Kie nodded and pressed the call button on her phone. They waited as the phone rang, all shushing each other in the process. "Hello?" Could be heard from the other side of the phone. Kie took in a breath, readying her Batman voice. "Hello."

She turned around to look at her friends. "I can't. I cant." Marley threw her hands up. "This is why my vote was on British." Pope just shook his head. "Just talk."

"Hello?" Gavin questioned, wondering why the line had become quiet. Kie cleared her throat. "Is Gavin there?" Gavin responded quickly. "This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Kie stated, getting straight to the point. Gavin could be heard nervously chuckling on the other end. "Um... who's this?" Kie just continued. "It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it."

"Okay. Who is this?" Gavin questioned again. "We're gonna prove it. You're guilty." Kie kept going on. Gavin was quickly becoming flustered. "You're gonna tell me who this is right now." Kie was now getting a bit angry. "You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this."

Now it was Gavins turn to get angry. "Listen to me! Who is this?" Kie hung up the phone and looked between her friends. "How was that?" JJ nodded. "Yeah, I was scared. Good job." Marley nodded as well. "Yeah I'm proud."

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete. Now we wait and listen." Pope instructed.

Marley watched carefully from her seat as Gavin moved out of his house and into his car. He started it up and was quick to begin to take off, wasting no time. "All right. Hey, here he comes. Stay down." Pope bossed, making sure everyone stayed safe.

JJ leaned against Marley, pulling her down under him as he watched. Gavin drove past the car without a second thought. "He didn't see us. Hit it." JJ insisted. "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go. My seatbelt. My seatbelt." Pope urged, both hurrying Kie and stopping her from moving.