29. the deaths of john b and sarah cameron

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
( ! the deaths of john b and sarah cameron ! )

MARLEY SAT IN the police truck as Shoupe opened the door for the teens

MARLEY SAT IN the police truck as Shoupe opened the door for the teens. pope was the first out as shoupe began directing him, "follow plumb to that tent. wait for your friends."

kie was next to follow pope out, then marley, and finally jj. the group walked past paparazzi and people just watching them as the paparazzi yelled at the teens.

deputy plumb directed the kids into four chairs. they all sat down in the order they got out of the car without a word.

"sit down. don't move. we got a lot to talk about. keep an eye on these kids." states shoupe as he walks off.

"blockade is up at the marsh and masonboro and all other inlets from shem creek to breach inlet. i want eyes omg all coastal access points, people. let's get this guy"

marley looked at jj as he just intertwined their fingers and she rested her head on his shoulder. at the same time, pope grabbed kies hand and held it in his own.

the kids continued to sit in silence as lightning crashed.

marley looked around to see places in the distance getting their power back. there had been a short outage that was the perfect time for john b to leave and marley just hoped he got out of outer banks before the power began coming back.

"that's them! there they are!" a man yells and marley turns to her friends worried. the cops saw john b and by the description of them, marley could only assume sarah had gotten to him.

a bunch of sirens began going off in the water as police boats headed towards the duo. john b got to boat to turn on before he began speeding off away from all the cops.

and so the chase began. john b and sarah in the phantom with around three or four police boats chasing after them.

people on the mainland began to panic as the storm got closer.

it began raining and yet that didn't stop john b. he was headed straight towards four police boats before he quickly turned back around the way he was coming from, towards the storm.

john b and sarah began going south, john b not caring if he was headed into the storm. he only cared that he got away from the cops.

"suspect is attempting to escape to the south. our attempts to contact the vessel were unsuccessful. we're gettin' hammered here." informs one of the men from the police boats chasing after john b and sarah.

bratcher sighs, "hold your position, captain." "roger that." "i got one more card i think we can play." assumes bratcher.

ward cameron then walked into the room a bit later and sat in front of the walkie talkie. ward picked up the walkie talkie with a shaky hand, trying to really lay it on thick.